Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched the forum and didn't find a duplicate thread regarding this.

I have on 07 Commander U package. It's time for my first tire rotation after putting on a new set a while back. My question is this: Do I need to get a balance as well as rotation, currently it is riding perfect and in balance?

Reason I ask is I called dealer about getting a rotation, and the service writer asked "You only want a rotation and not a balance too?!" He made a balance sound necessary, but if its in balance now will a simple rotation change that?

Note: Factory wheels and OEM spec tires.

Thanks for your help!!!!

·
Super Moderator
15,109 Posts
It is not necessary to get the tires balanced when you have them rotated. Rotating wiil not change the balance.

·
Banned
389 Posts
Sounds like your stealership was looking to make some more money off of ya.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree, that's why I wanted to double check, I know it's their job to upsell, but in this case I felt it was not needed. I'm sure when I take it in he'll give it another try, but I'm out.

·
Banned
389 Posts
I've bought 4 cars from dealerships (3 of them I was 2nd owner after 3 yr. lease was up from original owner, 1 was a brand new Z-28 I bought in 1998)....as you can tell from my cynical post I don't hold them in high regard generally...but then again I don't care much for politicians or criminals either. :)

·
Super Moderator
15,109 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts