Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
O.K., the newby need help again here. To those who want to punch me in the face for asking questions that have probably been asked a million times I say - I'm really not that bad of a guy - Thanks for your patience.

I have 4 questions:

1. What is the largest tire I can put on without a lift without rubbing?

2. What is the largest tire I can put on with a 2" lift without rubbing?

3. Will putting on 1.25 or 1.5 wheel spacers affect any of the above?

4. When using an online tire size calculator, it started to beep and warn me when I attempted to go to a 255/70/17 saying that anything over a 3% difference in tire diameter may cause brake failure........ What the hell is that?

Any help is greatly appreciated!!!!

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
See here for # 1, 2 and 3.

As for #4, simply put if you add more oh what's it called.........rolling mass....no that's not it.

Anyway, bigger tires can mean that you need better brakes since the bigger tires are harder to stop.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
I've been driving with 255/70/17s for a while now and no brake problems. Other members are running larger than that also.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
I know you are new, but you do really need to do a simple search and you will find those exact questions are answered. You would get immediate response and not have to wait.

·
Banned
3,373 Posts
i have 56K on my commander, 2-3" of lift. 32" tires and never a problem with brakes, even with a 6000# trailer of scrap metal hooked up behind.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts