Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a set of Bridgestone Blizzak for a really good deal, but the size is 275/65/17. Would those fit my 08 Commander with no problems? Never upgraded tires to a different size other than manufactor specs so I wasn't sure. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
15,103 Posts

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
You can calculate overall diameter from the standard tire size, but it varies a little, so you should look up the actual spec.

The OEM tire diameter is approx 29.5"

That tire is approx 31.0"

The 245/75R17 tire listed in the FAQ as fitting a non-lifted Commander with some minor rubbing has a calculated diameter of 31.5"

Although your 275/65R17 tire has a smaller calculated overall diameter, it more than an inch wider than OEM and the 245/75R17 that is know to rub a little.

So I can't tell you for sure, but I suspect it is a very good chance it will rub because it is more than an inch wider.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
You can calculate overall diameter from the standard tire size, but it varies a little, so you should look up the actual spec.

The OEM tire diameter is approx 29.5"

That tire is approx 31.0"

The 245/75R17 tire listed in the FAQ as fitting a non-lifted Commander with some minor rubbing has a calculated diameter of 31.5"

Although your 275/65R17 tire has a smaller calculated overall diameter, it more than an inch wider than OEM and the 245/75R17 that is know to rub a little.

So I can't tell you for sure, but I suspect it is a very good chance it will rub because it is more than an inch wider.
Without wheel spacers they will definitely contact "the bolt" and you will not be able to install them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts