Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stuck with a wheezy V-6 or barely adequate 4.7? Then you're in luck, sort off! Why spend hard earned dollars, dinars, pounds or euros (euro in Greek means piss, ironic, isn't it?) souping-up your subpar intake, engine and exhaust to get the throaty warble of a proper V-8 :)headbang2:) when you can buy this
and save beaucoup bucks!

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
P.S: Somebody, please, put one of these in a Smart Car. That would be hilarious!

·
Banned
1,406 Posts
I think I'll stick with some clothes pins and a deck of cards and jury rig them to my spokes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:banana_hitit: This way, people can hear me outside of the Jeep!

·
Banned
389 Posts
Stuck with a wheezy V-6 or barely adequate 4.7? Then you're in luck, sort off! Why spend hard earned dollars, dinars, pounds or euros (euro in Greek means piss, ironic, isn't it?) souping-up your subpar intake, engine and exhaust to get the throaty warble of a proper V-8 :)headbang2:) when you can buy this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9XAC-BvUyo and save beaucoup bucks!
My "barely adequate 4.7 L" makes 340 hp w/ bolt ons...that's plenty for me in a Jeep. If I wanted a street racer I'd build another car....or get me a killer sound device just like this. Ha Ha!

·
Banned
389 Posts
As if my fuel mileage wasn't bad enough. Plug that baby in and forget about it. I figure I would be into the single digits in about an hour!
And if that's not enough power for ya I could send ya my leftover K&N Performance window stickers....everybody knows that they are easily worth an extra 25 "intimidation horsepower" right?!? :)

·
Banned
246 Posts
Jeep commander with 4.7l $30k
performance chip/programmer. $400
Cat back exhaust. $600
Air intake system. $250

Realizing that is would have been cheaper to buy a stock 357 hp Hemi and get more power....
PRICELESSl

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
Jeep commander with 4.7l $30k
performance chip/programmer. $400
Cat back exhaust. $600
Air intake system. $250

Realizing that is would have been cheaper to buy a stock 357 hp Hemi and get more power....
PRICELESSl
Ha Ha!

How painfully true and I've seen it many times over (not just Jeeps)

Rob

·
Registered
248 Posts
Yeah that thing's awesome! I saw that video awhile back and really wanted one.

·
Banned
246 Posts
thats true but the 4.7 is cheaper to repair 8 spark plugs vs. 16 and it gets mildly better gas mpg
What, so a 3.7l has 2 less spark plugs and is better on gas. Does that make it better?

How did you figure your HP after your power add-ons? The 06 4.7l only had 235 HP stock. Hypertechs dyno chart says 185 HP at the wheels stock and it only adds 18hp with the tuner. Exhaust 10-15hp if that. Air intake maybe 10hp. That brings you up to 278hp just doing the math using stock number. Maybe you added a turbo, but your numbers don't add up to 300+HP. Do you have a dyno chart?

·
Banned
389 Posts
thats true but the 4.7 is cheaper to repair 8 spark plugs vs. 16 and it gets mildly better gas mpg
And my '08 (and up) has 16 plugs man. My '08 also came with a base hp. of 305 and I've done everything you can as far as bolt ons and synthetics so my 335 to 340 hp. is real...on your '06 you'd need a supercharger or nitrous to hit those levels your claiming....bolt ons alone on the older 4.7 L models simply won't give you more than around 270 hp tops.

·
Registered
661 Posts
dude i dont wanna pick a fight this is america so i can state my opinion and my oppinion is the 4.7 is a better motor for my needs so quit being all up in my grille.
you like the hemi some like the 6 and some like the smaller 8 by the way look up rochester dyno places and youll find about 3 that do awd and i have a buddy who runs one so there.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts