Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well my tires are here and rims sitting down at the shop... Just waiting on the Rocky Road lift to get here and up goes the rig!

Decided on some black Helo 842's and some Nitto Terra Grappler 265/70/17's.

I'm putting it all together on the 16th. I'll keep an update and pics/comments of the install when its complete.

Some pics:

(sorry about the quality, cell phone pics below...)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Sweet looking forward to the pics

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
I see the wheel and then 2 red x's.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Phunkey,

4.5 inches BS. They will definitely come out a bit.

GP,

Funny, I see the pics, does everyone else?

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Phunkey,

4.5 inches BS. They will definitely come out a bit.

GP,

Funny, I see the pics, does everyone else?
Negative, I don't see the cellphone pics.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
I see Red X's also. Those wheels are going to sit out far. What is the width on those wheels?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
8 inches width on the rims.

I was going for a look close to Kelli's commander (you can search for his ring and see), I think he had a -6 offset on his Moto Metal wheels.

This is also what Rocky Road recommended as to minimize rubbing (0 offset). Might only stick out 1/2 inch more than people running spacers from what i figured.

Any suggestions though? I can still swap out the rims if something else will look/work better before they get mounted in a week...

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I almost went for the Toyo's too.

On another note though my rims shouldn't stick out any further than CommanderFan's in his sig above this post if I'm correct... Am I?

CommanderFan, what's the offset on those?

Also, I fixed the teaser pics up top for everyone.

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
I almost went for the Toyo's too.

On another note though my rims shouldn't stick out any further than CommanderFan's in his sig above this post if I'm correct... Am I?

CommanderFan, what's the offset on those?

Also, I fixed the teaser pics up top for everyone.
I plugged our specs into the calc, Lmulderi, to show you the difference. I'm on the left, yer on the right:

http://www.1000rims.com/rt_specs.jsp?item=Wheel-Tire size comparer&showRim1=1&showTire1=1&sw1=275&ar1=60&bd1=17&rd1=17&rw1=9.0&et1=-8&showRim2=1&showTire2=1&sw2=265&ar2=70&bd2=17&rd2=17&rw2=8.0&et2=0&text1=CommanderFan&text2=Lmulderi

Yer rig will stick out about a half inch shorter than my own, so that should give you a good idea of what it'll look like. Should look good.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Wow, I have never seen a calculator like that. I'll have to use that in the future!

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
Nice work commanderfan, that is a very nice calculator.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Saweeet!

Lift delivered today, just in time (its Friday) to go on Monday.

So on Monday I'll have the lift on, new rims, tires, alignment, and an oil change while I'm under there as well. The best part is that I'll have full use of a shop for nothing more than a case of beer... Much better than working out of my garage.

Total cost is $1600 and a case of beer for the new setup incuding a spare!

All of the before and after pics will be up Wednesday afternoon as well as some comments on the install.

My only question is if the poly rear spacer is for sure supposed to go on TOP of the spring. Everything I've read says yes but the instructions still say to put it below...

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
My only question is if the poly rear spacer is for sure supposed to go on TOP of the spring. Everything I've read says yes but the instructions still say to put it below...

Thanks!
The Rocky Road instructions say to install on the bottom, but a member spoke with them on the telephone when his first one failed and he was instructed to intall the replacement on top. There have been no negative issues reported from members who have installed it on top.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts