Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I got the MT/R (265/70/17) on, but now I need a baby lift in the front. 1-2" would be ideal. Any thoughts? I prefer to replace the entire springs, but am willing to get the cups. The rear is fine as is. I just want to lift the front. Ideas?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It rubs on the top at full compression and behind each tire under mild turning. Only the fronts rub. I was hoping a lift would get the body away from the fat part of the tires.
No pics, yet. I'll get some, soon. I love the look and ride.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Finally got into some tracks. How you like the Commander??

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
"1/13/06: We're excited about a number of new items we're about ready to release. Check back early next week as we'll be shipping our WK Grand Cherokee and Commander 2" Lift Kits. Early March we'll be shipping our WJ Grand Cherokee 4.5" Lift Kits as well."

This comes from Rusty's Off Road, a company with a good reputation for aftermarket goodies for Jeep vehicles. You might want to email or call them (you will probably get Rusty himself on the phone!) and ask for the details for the XK lift that they have. They make some VERY nice stuff and if you have a problem they are willing to give you a hand.

http://rustysoffroad.com/

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
I would be especially careful about lifting 4.5" on a Commander. The stability controls, etc. can not be turned completely off (unlike on the 2007 Wrangler where they can be completely shut off) and they may get confused with the different center of gravity. Also, because of the change in geometry that you get with a 4.5" lift, it will probably require a new drive line.

·
Registered
31 Posts
The 4.5" kit posted is for the WJ (99-04) Grand Cherokee, not the Commander. Sorry, I should have cut that part out when I pulled that info off Rusty's site.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for the replies. I will look into the 2". I know it is a BB, but we will see. I would really like a suspension lift. i may try having springs made and see how that goes. I do NOT want more than 2" in the front and 1" in the rear.
Just my choice :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Jangy,

Does your spare 265 70/17 fit under the back of the vehicle? Do you have a tow package on the back?

Scott

·
Registered
55 Posts
Jangy: I have seen a couple of posts about your tire size. Do they rub? I am in between on "to lift or not to lift". Do you have spacers as well?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts