Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,

My suspension and everything is stock as far as I know. I don't have stock rims though, I'm running 17x8 Ultra Maverick rims with +10 offset. I can't recall what the stock offset/backspacing is, but with my current rims the backspacing is 4.9". I believe the stock backspacing is either 5.7" or 6", which makes my rims act as either .8" or 1.1" spacers (can someone confirm?) With this in mind, what size tires can I fit on there without having any rubbing? I'd prefer to gain some right height (so bigger radius versus larger width).

I can't imagine I can go much bigger without doing the pinch weld mod. I tried using a hair dryer to heat up the wheel well and "remold" it a bit to allow for more space, but it didn't do much. I think I need a better heat source.

Thanks!

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anybody? Looking at some 245/70R's, and hoping that they'll fit without an issue. Going to 75's would be awesome, but unlikely to fit without the pinch weld mod.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I've fit 245/75's on my Jeep stock no rubbing, im sure it would rub offroad though...

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm guessing they were pretty close to rubbing though, right? Are those the ones you have on in your gallery?

Also, did you do that with or without wheel spacers (or modified back spacing)?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Yeah it was close to rubbing, i've had the 245/75's on stock, with a 2" lift and with and without 1.5" spacers, but like I say they will fit stock, its a good option if you plan on lifting it later.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts