Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'M GETTING READY TO INSTALL A 2" ROUGH COUNTRY LIFT ON MY WIFES COMMANDER AND BUY A SET A 265-70R17 Falken Rocky Mountain ATS TIRE. IF I HAVE TO USE A 265/67R17 I WILL.
I HAVE BEEN DOING READING ON ALL THE TOPICS ON TIRES. I SEE WHERE EVERYONE IS ONLY USING 1.5" THICK WHEEL SPACERS AND DOING THE PINCH WELD MOD.
I HAVE BEEN CONSIDERING GOING TO A 1.75" OR 2" WHEEL SPACERS. IF I DO THIS WILL THERE BE ANY RUBBING STILL? IT IS STOCK WHEELS. IF I CAN I WOULD RATHER NOT DO THE PINCH WELD MOD TO THE JEEP IF I CAN GET BY WITH IT.
SO IF SOMEONE COULD PLEASE HELP ME OUT HERE IT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRICATED.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Thickness of wheel spacer isn't going to matter. The pinch weld mod is needed regardless. The pinch weld comes into play with such a large contact area on the tire during turning that spacer thickness doesn't matter.

Run whatever thickness you want, just be forewarned that thicker spacers place increasingly more strain on the wheel bearings and other hard parts. Also keep in mind that anything over 1.5" thick and the tires and going to stick out big time and look a bit ridiculous.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok thanks for the reply...i think that i have decieded to just go with a new wheel all together... Been looking at the mickey thompson classic lock and the xd series hoss wheels. They both have the 4.5 backspacing and -12mm offset. Also on my tires i think that i have decieded to go with a 255/70 instead of the 265...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts