Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at an 06 limited with hemi and one without, but there are a lot of bad reviews of the commander online...don't know what to do...test drive the hemi and loved it but not sure we need that over the 4.7...please help:(

·
Registered
40 Posts
The Bigger the Better!! LOL i would get the hemi if i was you cause if you settle with the 4.7 and then later down the road your going to want to do more and wish you gotten the hemi instead. so save yourself the trouble now.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
I own a 4.7 and wish I had just gone with the Hemi. More power, same gas mileage and front and rear electronic limited slip differentials. What the price difference between the two??

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hemi asking price 12,600... V8 13,975. That being said, the v8 only has 119,000kms(I'm Canadian) and navigation and the hemi has 156,000, no navi, cracked windshield and could use new tires. Also been doing some research online and the commander seems to get really bad reviews on sites like edmunds and auto. ca... Leaky sunroof, engine stalling, etc... Thoughts??

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
My thought is I LOVE my Commander !

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
I love my Commander. No engine stalling issues here and I don't have a sun roof so no issues there either

·
Registered
58 Posts
For this kind of money, I would skip those 2 and keep on looking...
I have a 2007 Hemi limited but I would buy a 2008 or even later Hemi limited.

Many improvements were made on 2008 and on...

You know, the Commander is not puppy loveable...
Only the people in the know wants them.

You should be able to find a decent newer Hemi Commander for less than $ 14,000.

Where are you from in Canada ?

·
Registered
696 Posts
You want the good news or bad news?

Good news: Look at some of our albums. We love our Jeeps.

Bad news: 16 spark plugs in a Hemi so double the cost in replacing those.

Overall: Find the right one for the right price with right options 2007 or newer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts