Discussion Starter #1
Up north we can have fun too...

Engine - 4.7
Drivetrain - QTII
Gear - 4 Lo
Temp - 30 Degrees
Tires - 245/65-17 AT
Suspension - (3) 1/4" Leveling spacers per side

Started right at the bottom and crawled up it with no tire slip.

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
I don't think too many people in the USA have had nice weather this year.
Maybe the desert southwest, but thats about it.
You and I are just having a normal winter.
Folks on the East coast and central South......not so good.
That global warming thing (heh heh) you know.
Looks like your having more fun than I though.....we coat it with salt and listen to the vehicle corrode.

Rob

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure I understand why its called global warming. Last time I checked, snow and cold weather doesnt come from anything "warm". Maybe we should consider changing it to global freezing.

I guess I cant complain considering the weather on the coast... forgot about that one.

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
One thing that fascinates me is our society's short memory.
When I was in school (I'm soon to be 60 sigh) they were teaching global COOLING!
Beacause we had so many harsh winters with extreme cold, scientists had determined the earths temperature was DROPPING due to the amount of pollution mankind had put in the air.
As a result, they speculated the sun's energy was being decreased due to the above mentioned air pollution and they also speculated a second ice age!
Ask anyone who was in school in the 60's (and was paying attention) and they should be able to remember those teachings.
So, you can see why my generation casts a wary glance at current 'sky is falling' evidence and, for the most part, ain't buying into the hype.

Rob

P.S. I'm certain Al Gore was playing with himself during those classes.

·
Registered
62 Posts
P.S. I'm certain Al Gore was playing with himself during those classes.
That is the funniest thing I have read on the internet all year!
:eek:hyeah::clap::rocker::beerchug::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:
My cousin is one of the greenies...I told him about our "global warming" (3 blizzards with 2' of snow each in the space of 5 weeks) and he said "well, that is why I like to call it 'climate change'".

Whatever. Man, you just can't win sometimes...

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
My thoughts concerning climate change (new term for we don't know for sure).

How mankind, with his little machines that don't really amount to much more than a pisshole in the snow, can be so bold as to think he can change/affect climate, need only to look around to see how insignificant we are in the grand scheme of things.

Most recent, the earthquake in Chile.
The energy released was equal to, (scientists say, you decide) over 100 Hiroshima Atomic Bombs going off.

Good grief.....and we think we are warming the globe?

Rob

·
Registered
90 Posts
Funny you say that Robby because every time I look around I see pavement, houses, buildings, roads, parking lots, and think of all the green foliage that should be there and wonder why people would argue that mankind has not impacted earth's cycles. The more we give ourselves the ability to emit CO2, the more space we're taking away from nature to sequester it. Lack of trees and plants scare me, here in Michigan, let alone the 100's or 1000's of acres per day that are being razed in South America. Not to mention the pavement and buildings that are insulating surface temperature and hurrying water into the rivers, lakes, and streams which receive both larger sediment loads and warmer, less filtered, more polluted water. But... just my two cents, I could be wrong.

One thing, if one were to truly study and buy into what is going on with the extra CO2 in the air, one would quit citing precipitation (whether it's a hurricane or a snowstorm) as a point against man-made climate change.

No doubt natural disasters have changed the climate in the past and will continue to do so, but I don't buy that as an argument against trying to be proactive in fighting pollution of the environment.

That being said, I'm not worried about what my poor gas mileage vehicle, or any of yours are doing to the environent (unless you guys are wheeling over some previously thought extinct fauna or something) :) There's bigger fish to fry.

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
Funny you say that Robby because every time I look around I see pavement, houses, buildings, roads, parking lots, and think of all the green foliage that should be there and wonder why people would argue that mankind has not impacted earth's cycles. The more we give ourselves the ability to emit CO2, the more space we're taking away from nature to sequester it. Lack of trees and plants scare me, here in Michigan, let alone the 100's or 1000's of acres per day that are being razed in South America. Not to mention the pavement and buildings that are insulating surface temperature and hurrying water into the rivers, lakes, and streams which receive both larger sediment loads and warmer, less filtered, more polluted water. But... just my two cents, I could be wrong.

One thing, if one were to truly study and buy into what is going on with the extra CO2 in the air, one would quit citing precipitation (whether it's a hurricane or a snowstorm) as a point against man-made climate change.

No doubt natural disasters have changed the climate in the past and will continue to do so, but I don't buy that as an argument against trying to be proactive in fighting pollution of the environment.

That being said, I'm not worried about what my poor gas mileage vehicle, or any of yours are doing to the environent (unless you guys are wheeling over some previously thought extinct fauna or something) :) There's bigger fish to fry.
Please don't mis-understand.
I absolutley believe we should be proactive anytime we can to protect this planet.
But, because of all the half baked 'sky is falling' type of doom and gloom we get jammed down our throats, and then, after changing all manner of things at considerable expense and time, the next genius comes along and says,"never mind, we may have jumped to conclusions".

Then, scientists are stunned when their conclusions are questioned.

Rob

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
Actually Rob people are shocked when they find out that all these reports on "climate change" are WRONG!!!!! Al Gore is a joke. Just like the rest of the liberal elite, he just can't find it in his heart to give up his limos and private jets. These folks are hypocrites.

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
My parents sent me these from this afternoon... Their home is a little more protected then some of these but the water is still crashing over the sea wall in front of their house... we dont have a street as they do in the pictures here as our house backs up to the wall. Flooding has never struck us since my family has lived there (12yrs) but its always a concern especially after seeing these pictures.

As for global warming/cooling/whatever... The waters of the atlantic have been slamming into these sea walls for as long as i can remember. My family has photos almost identical to these dating back 50+ years.

Btw, this is in Winthrop, MA which borders Boston on the north side.

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
1 - 16 of 16 Posts