Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a bad experience with my Commander Sunday night. I was headed down my drive and the rear glass popped open. It was cold (-12 degrees with windchill) and windy. Out of frustration, I opened my door to close the hatch as the kids were screaming about how being cold. When I opened my door, the wind caught it and sprung it forward. I now have a bent hinge, chipped paint on the fender and door, a gap in the door that whistled loudly. It goes to the body shop after Christmas for its repair. That is $120 I would have rather spent on other upgrades. Just a reminder to be careful.

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
I spent Sunday helping my neighbor put a door back on his Saturn because he was backing up in his driveway with the door open. The door caught on a snow bank and messed it up pretty good. Sorry to hear about your door and resulting body work.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Our local shop always takes care of me. They do great work too. He even spent about 20 minutes refitting until I could get in again.

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Neighbor was trying to back his wife's Town and Country minivan out of the garage yesterday.....with the rear glass open. I can't believe this guy has a PHD. Same guy put his hand under the lawn mower to unclog wet grass....mower was still running. DUH! For his sake he only lost parts of 2 fingers.

Sorry for the hijack of sorts.

·
Banned
1,397 Posts
Neighbor was trying to back his wife's Town and Country minivan out of the garage yesterday.....with the rear glass open. I can't believe this guy has a PHD. Same guy put his hand under the lawn mower to unclog wet grass....mower was still running. DUH! For his sake he only lost parts of 2 fingers.

Sorry for the hijack of sorts.
That's funny. One thing I noticed is that some of the more ingenious people lack focus on every day tasks. One of my old bosses was one of the smartest people I've ever met, but I've seen him walk right into doors or walls on more than one occasion. I think his mind is so busy sometimes that he doesn't think about what he's actually doing at times. Sort of like an absent-minded professor type person...

·
Registered
86 Posts
That's funny. One thing I noticed is that some of the more ingenious people lack focus on every day tasks. One of my old bosses was one of the smartest people I've ever met, but I've seen him walk right into doors or walls on more than one occasion. I think his mind is so busy sometimes that he doesn't think about what he's actually doing at times. Sort of like an absent-minded professor type person...
My Hobby:
Intentionally stepping in front of people that have their nose stuffed in their crackberry while walking.

·
Premium Member
2,262 Posts
My wife had a similar wind incident one morning in Colorado when she was driving our Ford Expedition - the wind caught it and popped it into the front fender. Ouch.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Very ironic! This almost happened to me this morning! I still had a grip on the door but it nearly pulled my shoulder out of it's socket! The door made a nice pop but no damage...

·
Registered
75 Posts
Speaking of funny things smart people do....my father-in-law was mixing concrete and decided that his bare hand was a good supplemental stirring device. Basically burning off (chemical burns) 2 layers of skin. Not to knock on him but he's got a PHD from Yale and is one of top three directors inside the Navy. Go figure.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts