Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was time to take the brand new ride out this past weekend and get some dust on it. Plus it has been a while since I had to think about when to shift from 2 wheel to 4 high to 4 low. In the XK, I pulled a lever and everything was handled. So I needed a refresher course on shifting. Took the JK out 15 minutes down the road to our little playground for Jeeps, ATVs, ect.

Was quite please with the Rubicon's ability to crawl up rocks with little effort. I did miss the peppy HEMI but the crawl was fun! For a stock Jeep, it was very impressive.

Snapped a couple shots to remember the maden voyage.

·
Premium Member
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
any mods yet?
Only one mod so far Cico. I bought a bracket kit to move the mirrors off the doors up to the A pillar so when we take the doors off, we still have mirrors. I figured I would enjoy the stock vehicle a few months first and make sure there are no factory issues that need resolving before making mods.

·
Registered
696 Posts
depending on how much you miss your hemi it sounds like you need an AEV or burnsville off road conversion!!

All 3 roof pieces and all 4 doors are on in the pictures!? Sun protection I suppose. I rarely even drive with my sunroof open during the day.

·
Premium Member
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
depending on how much you miss your hemi it sounds like you need an AEV or burnsville off road conversion!!

All 3 roof pieces and all 4 doors are on in the pictures!? Sun protection I suppose. I rarely even drive with my sunroof open during the day.

Yes, I have my eye on that AEV kit. I'm thinking keep powertrain in tack till warranty runs out then, go nuts and get a HEMI. We'll see.

Yep, we put the doors and top on for this outing as the sun was hot and the wind was blowing sand like crazy. Drove right thru a couple dust devils as we were out playing.

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Nice pics. What's funny is my dealer has a new one exactly like yours, even the color! Really trying hard to talk myself out of trading the XK for the JK. Its a stick shift too, but out here that's not a selling point due to our maddening traffic!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts