Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 20 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the top speed you have reached in your commander?

I have reached 183 KPH (112 MPH) with flooring the accelerator !!

mine is 07 4.7L, I think it should reach faster than that !

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
fastest i've attempted was 95 mph. did it on my test drive and scared the s*!+ out of the salesman. i thought it was funny. 07 V6 3.7L

·
Registered
5,601 Posts
I have been to 90....You have the 4,7, as do I but....is it the same e85 as we have? Will your engine run on corn liquor?

·
Registered
717 Posts
ahmed255 said:
What is the top speed you have reached in your commander?

I have reached 183 KPH (112 MPH) with flooring the accelerator !!

mine is 07 4.7L, I think it should reach faster than that !
My guess is that they're electronically limited to 112 mph

·
Premium Member
12,558 Posts
110 with the Hemi before the CAI, Jet Chip & Gibson Exhaust. I might try again some day but I would like a controled course.

·
Registered
588 Posts
I have the Hemi but the fastest I have had it was about 90mph. (speed limit 80mph in parts of West Texas). Main reason I havent tried to go any faster is because it really sucks up the gas at speeds beyond 70mph. john

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Jeeper64 said:
I don't think so, you could notice it if it is electronically limited, it happens in my Crown Victoria the transmission disconnects on 180 KPH.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I have been close to 90 mph.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Jeeper64 said:
Even if they are speed limited, then it is probably higher than 112mph. My Pontiac was speed limited to 118mph. From my quick Google search, it appears they are speed limited to the same speed.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
110 MPH with the 3.7 engine. The highway was pretty empty when I tried it. She handled well. No shimmy, no shaking, nothing.

I won't do it again though.

I had the "average mpg" showing 9 mpg.

Fastest ever in any car though was 140 mph in a 1970 Dodge Challenger.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I've had my 4.7 up to around 115 mph and thats where she quits. Once you reach there the engine bogs down and it prevents you from going faster. It's not something I do on a regular basis, but its nice to know your vehicle's limits.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Never have had it above 85. But I know there was a lot of throttle left.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
cico7 said:
I have been to 90....You have the 4,7, as do I but....is it the same e85 as we have? Will your engine run on corn liquor?
Totally no idea! ,, how do I know?

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Fohn_Jargo said:
110 MPH with the 3.7 engine. The highway was pretty empty when I tried it. She handled well. No shimmy, no shaking, nothing.

I won't do it again though.

I had the "average mpg" showing 9 mpg.

Fastest ever in any car though was 140 mph in a 1970 Dodge Challenger.
Yes it was very stable, the only thing that was pumping the adrenaline in my blood is the the reading of speedo meter.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Fastest I've had the Commander was about 75mph. Haven't really had too much highway time for anything higher.

Fastest I've been in a car, though, was 142 in my Focus ZX3 (pretty well modified) out on the DC beltway, racing a GTi at about 3am. I won. :)

·
Banned
3,369 Posts
i've been up to 145 ish in a 1983 saab 900T, i tweaked my turbo just little! :D

let me just say this was legal. back in the late 90's montana had a resonable and prudent speed limit on the highway. basically no speed limit. it didn't last very long.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Fastest I've been on my XK is about 85. I'm normally stick around 70 - 75 on highway.

·
Registered
34 Posts
New Law here(sept 07) in Ontario prevents us from going above 93mph, if caught $2000-$10000 fine, car towed and stored for 1 week(you have to pay towing fee & storage) and 1 week suspended license:( a bit excessive and unfair I think.

Last Summer I did slightly over 100mph in the commander.
Fastest ever 180mph+ in a 95 700hp fbody could of gone faster but shut her down when I suddenly recalled the memory of a friend dying on a 1/4 mile track in a similair car at only 130mph in the late 90s.

Fastest speed I go now 75-85mph....until they scrap the new law.

1 - 20 of 129 Posts