Jeep Commander Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
That's exactly it man. EFI engines thrive on fast/smooth (laminar) airflow.

Turbulence was great back in the TBI days to help the mixture. But now, that's all taken care of with the positioning on the fuel injectors and the valves. And the newer DI (Direct Injection) engines are even better... just get the air to the combustion chamber as fast (and unrestricted) as possible and enjoy the technological advancements :)

·
Registered
319 Posts
waste of dough man not trying to hate on you but its the same thing as a t.b. spacer. on carb. engines they were the thing, but tb no...think about all the places the air has to go. as soon as it hits the tb door the air goes back to regular flow, even so, after that it has to fill the int. manifold then each runner, then the int. valves. 2 guys in a garage really hammered invented it out of beer cans. clever.

·
Super Moderator
14,959 Posts
waste of dough man not trying to hate on you but its the same thing as a t.b. spacer. on carb. engines they were the thing, but tb no...think about all the places the air has to go. as soon as it hits the tb door the air goes back to regular flow, even so, after that it has to fill the int. manifold then each runner, then the int. valves. 2 guys in a garage really hammered invented it out of beer cans. clever.
Who are you talking to ? This thread is a year old.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Well, then any thread over 1 year old needs to be deleted, I know I'm not the only one that reads these. What does it matter to you anyhow?!

·
Registered
301 Posts
Don't mind him. Hell correct anything you write or search for old threads if you ask a question already discussed.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Super Moderator
14,959 Posts
Don't mind him. Hell correct anything you write or search for old threads if you ask a question already discussed.

Thanks.:wiggle: I believe I have helped you with information before. I guess you didn't appreciate it. But don't worry I won't do it again.

·
Super Moderator
14,959 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
No no don't think I didn't appreciate it I do. I just think sometimes it might be easier to answer someone question vs searching for every thread posted about the topic and replying with 5 links. Sometimes people do google searches for something and it comes up with an old thread and I know I've done it but I comment on old threads too. What's wrong with restarting the discussion? I reopened the thread paint your wheels which was months old. I just thought the comment you made was unnecessary.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts