Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had my transmission flushed at the dealership and now the torque converter shudders under light load during lockup, around 35-38 mph.

Has anyone had this problem before and know the potential causes?

Chrysler group actually does not recommend flushing. I learned this in a tech bulletin found on this forum, after the fact.

I'm wondering if they used some type of cleaning agent which may have caused the damage leading to my problem.

And if they didn't use a cleaning agent and simply trans fluid for the flush, why would this have happened?

Thanks

·
Banned
1,406 Posts
Isn't this a repeat of a thread from a couple of days ago, one about staying away from a certain dealer? I answered your question there, as I experienced this same thing, only in a different way. Others chimed in as well. What kind of advice are you looking for? :icon_confused:

http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14888

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Isn't this a repeat of a thread from a couple of days ago, one about staying away from a certain dealer? I answered your question there, as I experienced this same thing, only in a different way. Others chimed in as well. What kind of advice are you looking for? :icon_confused:

Yes it is redundant. The reasoning behind it is exposure. I want to make sure the experienced techs and/or anyone that knows anything about issue this sees it, assuming not everyone looks at all sections.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

I want to thank you for your post, also. I think our issues are different though. My issue is more of a violent vibration out of the power train, not a "tugging". Its not a calibration issue.

I want to know if and how the flushing could have ruined the torque converter / clutches.

Robby, any feedback from you? (sorry to call you out, but you def know a lot from what I've read)

I'm not a trans expert...

·
Super Moderator
14,959 Posts

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
I want to thank you for your post, also. I think our issues are different though. My issue is more of a violent vibration out of the power train, not a "tugging". Its not a calibration issue.

I want to know if and how the flushing could have ruined the torque converter / clutches.

Robby, any feedback from you? (sorry to call you out, but you def know a lot from what I've read)

I'm not a trans expert...
Happy to give my thoughts.

They will be found on your original post.

Rob

1 - 7 of 7 Posts