Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok maybe a stupid question. I want to get a 2"lift on my commander. Does it basically add 2" over all to the total height? As well as the underside? Plus I will have the stock tires on for a lil bit.
I ask because I have an attached garage at my apartment,but it's a little smaller than a standard and barely fits now? I won't be here forever but don't want to wait for my lift. I could take my sport utility bars off for now. That might help a little bit.
Thanks for reading

·
Registered
936 Posts
the general concesious has been that people are seeing a true 2" lift so yes it will lift your entire commander 2"...with stock tires it should be 2" only but once you add taller tires you will gennerally see a little bit more

·
Registered
401 Posts
2" lift plus bigger tires for me totaled just under 4 inches of lift (measured from ground to the top of wheel well).

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice well I should be ok if I take of my sport rails then for now those are tall. I could also spare a inch or 2 if i mess with the garage door.
Thanks for the input

·
Registered
809 Posts
My 2" Rough Country spacers were about 1.75" in themselves, and their placement in the suspension geometry net about 3" of lift to the front wheels when all said and done.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am new to this whole thing. I don't really know how I know when I have a response back but could I fit 265/65R17's on a completely stock Commander? I have heard that it could mess with gas mileage, power, ABS, Speedometer, ect. Also, would they rub at all?

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
No. Take a minute and read this thread, it is very useful. Look at the top of the front tire in relation to the ball joint stud right there at the top. It is very close to begin with. the stock tire is a 245 . A 265 will be 20 milimeters wider. You will need a 2in lift minimum, plus wheel spacers. It's all in this thread.
http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8393

1 - 8 of 8 Posts