Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my second Commander today to replace the one which was totaled December 23, 2015. This is the Limited with Hemi 8 cyl. engine.
Anyone have one that would like to share MPG info with me? Also does anyone know how big of a tire I can put on the 18 inch wheels? I want more height and maybe a little more width. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
556 Posts
Good find...love those wheels and color. how many miles and how much??

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
100K $15500. Car looks like new inside and out. Good carfax

GO STEELERS!!! I'm originally from Washington Pa.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I've got an 06 Hemi, stock everything except a ported and polished throttle body, and I'm running around 11 city, 15 highway. With gentle driving around 60 mph, I can get around 18 highway. Mileage is rough on the hemis.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I bought my second Commander today to replace the one which was totaled December 23, 2015. This is the Limited with Hemi 8 cyl. engine.
Anyone have one that would like to share MPG info with me? Also does anyone know how big of a tire I can put on the 18 inch wheels? I want more height and maybe a little more width. Thanks.
I tried to put 255/70/18 A/T tires on today. They would not fit, too big, also tried 245/65/18 they would not work either. Had to go with the stock size of 245/60R/18. Bought some cheap ones for now. Thinking about putting a 2 inch lift on in the summer and then some bigger tires.

·
Registered
556 Posts
100K $15500. Car looks like new inside and out. Good carfax

GO STEELERS!!! I'm originally from Washington Pa.
And them Steelers are going!! They took some casualties in Cinci... it was a hard fought battle. I hope they're ready and able to compete in Denver.
I can't imagine how tough it must be to crawl out of bed the next morning after such a physical game.

I have 106k on the 3.7. I've always managed 12+ city with the upgraded plugs, K&N cai and full synthetic oils. Even cleaned the TB and replaced the sensors. It runs great, no issues anywhere. no complaints... I get around 18 highway.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have an 08 limited/Hemi and I was averaging 16.4mpg with a 30 mile commute each way to work, 10 miles @ 80mph, 15mi @ 70mph and 5mi in town. With stock tires and gentle throttle. I have recently installed RRO 2.25 lift and 255/70r17 bfg at ko2's. GPS tracks me at about 14.2mpg.
Gas mileage is not the best but I love my Jeep so much I wont drive anything else.
Side note, I had an 07 that got totalled and just had to have another.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Mine is an 06 HEMI 4x4 and I am getting about 12mpg mixed driving. The best I have ever been able to get was 15.7 and that was on a 500 mile trip with the cruise set at about 70mph. I was running a 245-70-17s on mine stock so I am not sure what that translates to in a 18.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Glad to hear you are back in a Jeep

Read about your wreck and I am glad you all are OK. I'm glad you went with another Commander, that is the best testimony ever. They are tough and built well. I test drove a newer style Wrangler the other day and sure it looks cool and takes WAY bigger tires with no mods, but from what I saw, the Commander is by far the better choice for passenger safety.

My family and I were in a bad wreck years ago. We got rear ended by a one ton truck pulling a 35 ft fifth wheel. We went over the edge, plus took a head first roll over into a creek at the bottom. Landed upside down. Thanking God we lived. Everybody was physically beat up but the emotional healing takes awhile. Be patient. We avoid that road now like the plague. Good luck.:bowdown:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Read about your wreck and I am glad you all are OK. I'm glad you went with another Commander, that is the best testimony ever. They are tough and built well. I test drove a newer style Wrangler the other day and sure it looks cool and takes WAY bigger tires with no mods, but from what I saw, the Commander is by far the better choice for passenger safety.

My family and I were in a bad wreck years ago. We got rear ended by a one ton truck pulling a 35 ft fifth wheel. We went over the edge, plus took a head first roll over into a creek at the bottom. Landed upside down. Thanking God we lived. Everybody was physically beat up but the emotional healing takes awhile. Be patient. We avoid that road now like the plague. Good luck.:bowdown:
I also own a 2009 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited. Lifted, 33x12.50 tires. I love the Wrangler too but am glad we were not driving it when we had the accident.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have an 08 limited/Hemi and I was averaging 16.4mpg with a 30 mile commute each way to work, 10 miles @ 80mph, 15mi @ 70mph and 5mi in town. With stock tires and gentle throttle. I have recently installed RRO 2.25 lift and 255/70r17 bfg at ko2's. GPS tracks me at about 14.2mpg.
Gas mileage is not the best but I love my Jeep so much I wont drive anything else.
Side note, I had an 07 that got totalled and just had to have another.
Do you have any pictures of it with the lift and bigger tires?

·
Registered
38 Posts
I always have thought I was getting worse mpg than I should have been, but I guess not haha. I have an 06 limited 5.7, 2.5" front lift, 2" rear lift. 265 75 17s right now, but will be getting some 285 70 17s here in a couple days. But right now I get about 13-14 city, and about 17 on the highway. Most I've seen is 19 cruising at like 60mph for about 50 miles. Not the best, but right on par with my old fj cruiser.

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts