Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am new to the forum thought I would share a few picturesI have had mine for 4 months. I had done a little messing around, and then today I got to push him a little further. This is one of the toughest Jeeps that I have had the pleasure of owning. I love it

I hope you all get the Commander out in the dirt. It is a awesome Jeep:D

·
Registered
258 Posts
cool pics. The most mine sees is jumping from the freeway to the service road in traffic right now.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
This is a vehicle that really performs solid off road. I bottomed out twice do to drivers rush. This vehicle likes to be finnesed through the obstacles. The few times I bulled my way up some serious obstacles the weight of the vehicle, dificulty of the obstacle, and suspension caused me to bottom out. Not to worry as I have complete protection under there. Thank you skid plates. For all of you that plan to discover the pearl that you have, the rear wheels do like to come off the ground , due to lack of suspension travel AKA ARTICULATION. But I did not feel as if we were going to roll once. The wide stance and weight of the vehicle keeps the front planted nicely. Oh yeah hill and rock climbing....It was hard for me to get the tires to spin. This thing crawls right up then (thank you weight and power). Remember to take the 2 inch fasia off of the front ( comes off with thumb screws designed by Jeep) this gives you a little better approach angle>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Cheers

·
Banned
1,397 Posts
Nice pics.... Which 4wd system do you have on your Commander?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have the quad 2 with the v8 and off road package. I think I will invest in the 6 inch lift with the 35's. This thing would be unstopable!!! NIce 4-runner. I have watched the 4-runner in action and it is definatley a weapon of choice for many. Nimble yet power. Also great suspension and gears.

·
Banned
1,397 Posts
notah2 said:
I have the quad 2 with the v8 and off road package. I think I will invest in the 6 inch lift with the 35's. This thing would be unstopable!!! NIce 4-runner. I have watched the 4-runner in action and it is definatley a weapon of choice for many. Nimble yet power. Also great suspension and gears.
Thanks. I love my 4Runner....it does everything well. We're also still on the fence deciding on a Commander (for the wife, primarily). We've decided to take a wait-and-see approach to see if some more of the bugs get worked out for the 2nd model year.

If we do get a Commander, I'll be able to give a good comparison between the two vehicles.

I wonder if anyone here or the 4Runner forums owns both? If so, I'd love to read about that. We have one member on the 4Runner forum who owns both an '05 4Runner and an '05 Grand Cherokee. I think his wife drives the GC, but he made some very interesting posts comparing the two vehicles.

·
Registered
110 Posts
W/ the XK lifted so it is square w/ the ground (w/out the factory front lean), it has a retro look of the old Wagoneers which were always a favorite of mine. I love the overall package and think the XK is probably one of the most practical Jeeps ever built for a family. Mine has exceeded all my 4x4 expectations for such a 7-seater and I feel that it is worthy of a lift even if it is a daily driver. But, I just don't see it as being my first choice for a 6" lift w/ 35s as that would be way too extreme for me in such a large family type Jeep.

XKPearl

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The size of the XK that is not extreme at all with a 6 inch and 35's. Take your "Commander" out on some trails with the family ( I have 3 boys ranging from 9 weeks to 5 years) full of gear, and count the # of times you bottom out trying to keep up with the stock 4-runners and Xterras. Then recall the 4x4 capability of your 4x4 gearing and tranny ( These systems are no joke). All SUV's are "family vehicles" and please dont forget Jeep started the trend. So go ahead and slam your Commander and through some Dubs on it Homie your family will appreciate how low to the ground it is. Dont forget the 12 in woofers so you can bump your bass. Get real " G". :mad: I have had 6 Jeeps in my short life CJ7, Wrangler, Jeep Cherokee (2), Jeep Grand Cherokee, Jeep Liberty and now the Commander. I have wheeled at , Hollister, Pismo, Rubicon, Reiter Pit, and many other areas that are not as known. I know my Jeeps and if you build this vehicle right it will go and do anything. What bother you is I have the guts to wheel a $35k vehicle. Grow some currage and buy a buffer. You will out do youyr friends in their Land Rovers:eek:

·
Banned
1,397 Posts
Yeah, I've been waiting for some pics too!

Post 'em up, Pearl. Not many people have lifted Commanders, so I'd sure be interested to see how it looks!

·
Registered
110 Posts
notah2 said:
The size of the XK that is not extreme at all with a 6 inch and 35's. Take your "Commander" out on some trails with the family ( I have 3 boys ranging from 9 weeks to 5 years) full of gear, and count the # of times you bottom out trying to keep up with the stock 4-runners and Xterras. Then recall the 4x4 capability of your 4x4 gearing and tranny ( These systems are no joke). All SUV's are "family vehicles" and please dont forget Jeep started the trend. So go ahead and slam your Commander and through some Dubs on it Homie your family will appreciate how low to the ground it is. Dont forget the 12 in woofers so you can bump your bass. Get real " G". :mad: I have had 6 Jeeps in my short life CJ7, Wrangler, Jeep Cherokee (2), Jeep Grand Cherokee, Jeep Liberty and now the Commander. I have wheeled at , Hollister, Pismo, Rubicon, Reiter Pit, and many other areas that are not as known. I know my Jeeps and if you build this vehicle right it will go and do anything. What bother you is I have the guts to wheel a $35k vehicle. Grow some currage and buy a buffer. You will out do youyr friends in their Land Rovers:eek:
notah2,

Why did this "I just don't see it as being my first choice for a 6" lift w/ 35s" get you all worked up causing you to "Bark" all that stuff above? It's just my personal preference. I like the way AEV has set up the XK w/ their system and that is as far as I'd personally ever consider going w/ an XK. You're "Barking up the wrong tree".

TR4Runner,

I just offered to take pics of my XK for you but you declined. Are you trying to stir the Jeep pot again w/ your TRD stick?:)
http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5894#post5894

XKPearl:)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Cool, After I read the comments on here from yesterday to my fiance I convinced her for the betterment of the Jeep community that we go four wheeling with our lifted XK and take some pictures for you all. Unfortunately she has to get her wedding dress fitted on saturday so I will have to go alone and un-supervised. I have assured her I wont do anything to risky:rolleyes: Hope to have you guys some good pics on sunday.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hey guys....this is the fiance of the above poster....I just informed him that he is not going alone...I will be done with wedding stuff just in time to go with and supervise...I promised I wont be to "girlie" BUT HE BETTER NOT SCRATCH IT!!:p

·
Banned
1,397 Posts
XKPearl said:
notah2,

TR4Runner,

I just offered to take pics of my XK for you but you declined. Are you trying to stir the Jeep pot again w/ your TRD stick?:)
http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5894#post5894

XKPearl:)
Not at all..... You offered to take pics of your Commander in comparison with a new 4Runner. I told you that I park next to my cousin's Commander almost every day, so I can make my own comparisons at any time.

But now that you have a lifted Commander, why are you so reluctant to post pics? And why would you ask if I'm stirring the pot? Do you have something to hide???

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Right on pearl. You like to be frank so here you go. One, the color white is the worst collor that I have seen on a commander. It will hide the scratches better than my black Commander that is if you ever get it out in the dirt. 2 I will bark up any tree I want when provoked by a punk with a ugly, unutilized rig. Have a nice day...I am going wheeling:eek:

·
Banned
1,397 Posts
I really like the red Commanders. I was behind one today, and I like the way the taillights blended into the surrounding color.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Way to smooth out a rough thread TR4Runner....haha. Seriously I dont think it is real kind to start the color thing....everyone has their tastes and what appeals to someone doesnt appeal to all...let it go at that. Dont start a war.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts