Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the dealer install a OEM hitch when I bought my Hemi. My utility trailer has the 4 post connection so I bought an adaptor so I could plug it into the round connection on the hitch. The running lights on the trailer work but the brake and turn signals do not. Any Ideas what could be wrong? The trailer guy looked everything over but could not find a problem. Told me to take it back to the dealer. If it's an easy fix (like moving the luggage rack crossbar so the satilite radio works) I'd rather not make the trip out to the dealer. Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I had the same issue with mine (along with many others on the forum). It sounds like the dealer did not enable the relays for the turn signal/brake lights. You will have running lights without these relays, but no brake or signal lights. Kind of important! Haha

You should be able to find the directions for the 7-way wiring harness online. Try going to leeparts.com

If your dealer is like mine, you will need to bring the directions with you. Most of them think these are plug-in-play.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts