Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im planning a trip from socal to the Paiute atv/utv trail system in marysvale utah.. i will be hauling my ranger (pic below) i think it weighs about 1100 lbs on a 10ft flatbed single axle trailer... im just wondering if i should take the commander or the silverado.. i get about 11-12mpg in the truck towing the trailer but i can go 75-80 up anything..havent bought a hitch for the commander so i dont know what the mpg will be in it yet. let me know if you tow a similar setup with a 3.7. i dont want to be crawling up hills. will be going through hills and short mtn areas here and there...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I tow up to 3500 kg (7700 lbs???) horsetrailers with my 2,8 Diesel Liberty (hilly or not!), Ok maybe not at 50 mph up the hill but no problems! So I think you should be in the safe side with your Commander!

·
Registered
807 Posts
you will be fine. I pulled a Wrangler on a flat bed, with the whole outfit over 10,000 and had no major issue. It probably wont pull the big hills too fast but you should be fine.

your only issue will be that the commander wont get much better gas milages since you will be pulling.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Looks like a cool Ranger. I have been looking at the Polaris Razor and I will soon get one when I am not so busy. Nothing compared to the DPV we used in the Navy but fun none the less.

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
I don't have much advise for you but my guess would be that it will handle that just fine, well within the limits of towing. Just be sure the utv is centered over the axle. And nice ranger, it looks like it is a new one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts