Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys quick question.

Background: 2006 XK 3.7L no towing package. Installed a hitch and the 7-pin factory wiring. This was a MOPAR part I ordered from a Chrysler dealer.

Installed properly and took the Jeep to the dealer to flash the ECM. He said he couldn't get it to work and that when I bought the harness there should've been a page where I had to go online and register a number off of the installation manual.

You guys heard of this? It is absolutely ridiculous. WHY should I have to go online to "register" a wiring harness just so the dealer can enable it? It's bad enough I have to spend $98 at the dealer for them to turn on 2 relays but then to have to have it pre-registered? Come on Jeep you are out of hand.

Anyways did you guys who installed your own trailer harness have to "register" anything online before you took it to the stealer?

·
Super Moderator
14,916 Posts
I've never heard of anyone here who installed their own hitch having to do that. I think it's BS. I do think that the dealer has to program the computer to recognize the wiring harness.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm thinking BS too. I checked my instruction manual, no sign of that anywhere. I'll update on Thursday..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts