Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All...

I have a grill guard already installed on my truck...it looks to be an after market; I want to use the truck for the beach; so I want to install tow hooks with it...is that possible without losing the guard? or can the vehicle be front towed from the grill guard assembly; which appear to be installed in the factory holes for the tow hooks

TIA

·
Administrator
6,240 Posts
Hello All...

I have a grill guard already installed on my truck...it looks to be an after market; I want to use the truck for the beach; so I want to install tow hooks with it...is that possible without losing the guard? or can the vehicle be front towed from the grill guard assembly; which appear to be installed in the factory holes for the tow hooks

TIA
@mamaj520; Any Grille/Brush Guard on your Commander currently is definitely after-market, as it was not even an option that FCA offered.

Unfortunately you would have to lose the Grille/Brush Guard, if you want to install tow hooks, because the Grille Guard uses the same mounting points that the tow hooks would need to be mounted to.

So in short - it's one, or the other.

As far as using the Brush Guard as a towing point, that's not a viable option either. I used to have one (made by Black Horse) before I had my WAM hidden winch mount steel front bumper installed. While they look cool, as opposed to having nothing, they're not very strong at all and do not offer very much real protection.

Brush Guard's are definitely aren't strong enough to use as a reliable towing/recovery point.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts