Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. So I have a 06 jeep commander with a 4.7l 100k miles. Equiped with the tow package. I am going to be pulling a 15ft travel trailer, on a long road trip across the country. It probably weighs around 4000 pounds when loaded. What are your thoughts on this endeavor? How much is this setup rated to tow more importantly how does it preform in real life? Anyone else have experience with towing with the 4.7? Are there any mods I should consider? Also, what exactly is the factory "tow package" and what does it include? I know I have a tow button I can push, but I'm not sure what exactly it does.

Thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a 2006 4.7 and have towed a couple different campers with it. My last was a 24’ tandem axle camper at about 4500lbs or so. I pulled it to and through the Adirondacks three times. Towed fine for the most part, little weak on big hills and maybe 45 mph. Got about 8 miles to the gallon steady. It is great towing in towns and tight areas. Only thing I didn’t care fore was 65mph on the thruway. I think mostly because of the short wheelbase compared to a truck. Pulled that last camper over 1200 miles, no real problems other than the ac compressor gave out once.

·
Super Moderator
2006 Commander Limited, 5.7 Hemi QD2
1,198 Posts
Read the Owners Manual. You can download a free Owner's Manual here---> Owner's Manual

1 - 3 of 3 Posts