Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put my rims on about a week ago now, and I'm having issues with the sensors. I bought my rims online and had the tires with tpms sensors mounted and installed at belle tire. The rear driver sensor goes out every couple days, randomly. I can pin point it to the wheel, but I'm not sure if its the sensor in the tire, or the receiver on the jeep. It flashes service Tire Pressure System, dings and goes away but the tire pressure stays at --

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
I just put my rims on about a week ago now, and I'm having issues with the sensors. I bought my rims online and had the tires with tpms sensors mounted and installed at belle tire. The rear driver sensor goes out every couple days, randomly. I can pin point it to the wheel, but I'm not sure if its the sensor in the tire, or the receiver on the jeep. It flashes service Tire Pressure System, dings and goes away but the tire pressure stays at --
Well, if you don't mind a little diagnostic effort just cross the rear wheels and go for a ride.
Obviously, if your readout problem moves it is a bad sensor......no change, maybe a reciever but my money is on a sensor.

Rob

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I switched the rear tire to the front and its still doing it. Now on top of that both fronts are doing it and they are completely out. My buddy works at a GM dealer and says theres a learn process. For gm's you put the parking brake up and deflate the tire 1 or 2 psi and then roll the key. Anyone know of this for the jeeps.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
No, GM is totally different. The Jeep resets itself. I bought my wheels and tires with new sensors. Mounted them and the sensors worked immediately, light never came on.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So there is no learning process involved. I thought it was just one of the rims, but now they go on and off different rims. It is soooo annoying, belle tire is willing to replace them with the same ones or I can upgrade to the Mopar ones for a little extra money. The only thing is I don't want them to un mount the rims and tires for the same thing to happen again. I put my stock rims and tires back on and they TPSM system worked fine.

When my tires were installed, the psi was about 35, and I bumped it up to 45 based on the tire, and it seems they go out more frequent.

Anyone, have any ideas.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, that's what I figured. Moneys not the issue, its more of having them dissmount my rim's and tires again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts