Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I absolutely adore my 2006 Jeep Commander!
I change my tires out seasonally.
Every time my summer tires are on, I have issues with my TPMS.
Sometimes the check tire pressure system light is on and other times it is off. It seems to occur with changes in pressure and temperature in the tires. I have added air to the tires with no effect on whether the light comes on or off.
Anyone have this problem? The mechanic cannot figure out what is wrong!
ImageUploadedByAG Free1399825764.194138.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
674 Posts
Do you have the system that tells the tire pressure in each tire? If so see what they are when you get the message - might tell you which wheel to check. Sounds like one of your summer wheels has an intermittent sensor. Don't forget to check the spare, but if only with summer tires probably not the spare - if it was the winter set then the cold air would lower the spare pressure and be a cause.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it does tell pressure when it is running low on each tire. Funny thing is that the pressures are all fine and I double checked them with my own pressure gauge.
I will check out the sensors to see if one is intermittent....good call, thanks!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
674 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have the same issue. When I rotate my tires the same message appears or if in have the message it goes away. I have replaced the batteries in all wheel sensors (including spare) and the same issue. I have just lived with it so I have 4k miles of no message and 4k of the message.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts