Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it looks like that I have a common issue with the rear driver side tpms sensor. My dash tire pressure display shows two dashes instead of the actual pressure. I have been reading many of the replies regarding this issue but still confused as to what the logical steps would be to correct this problem without spending too much money. The rear tire is currently under correct pressure. Appreciate any instruction provided.

Attachments

·
Administrator
15,201 Posts
The battery in the sensor probably died. You will need to replace the sensor.

·
Banned
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That’s what I don’t understand. So the sensors have batteries. I had my tires rotated after I noticed the rear tire not showing up on my dash readout.
So since the tires were rotated shouldn’t the double dashes show on one of the front tires now?

·
Administrator
15,201 Posts
I had my tires rotated after I noticed the rear tire not showing up on my dash readout.
That info would have been helpful in your initial post.
So since the tires were rotated shouldn’t the double dashes show on one of the front tires now?
Yes, it should read in the place where you moved the tire. Did you drive it any after the rotation to give it a chance to reset? The other option is that the receiver is bad.

·
Administrator
15,201 Posts
Answering User Profile

@groverson, please fill out your user profile. Click on your username and select the "View Public Profile" tab and click on "About Me" and you will see the questions that need to be answered to update your user profile information. Thanks.

Reactions: Big Blue

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
My TPMS display, all 4 tires goes to double dash intermittently. They usually register once I cycle the ignition. Any suggestions?

·
Banned
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My apologies for not giving you all the proper info. Yes, I drove the jeep hundreds of miles after the tire rotation. Can you tell me where the receiver is?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts