Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Video for the Traction Control in action to limit a slipping wheel in Quadra-Trac II.

(click on the photo)

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Nice video. I like how you can see the tire actually stop spinning and the Jeep just moves along...

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
I can't watch the video at the moment since im at work but it looks like both of the rear wheels are still on the ground. If thats the case then of course the commander is going to keep on going and not get stuck.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Nice shoot, It was a good way to make sure it was working correctly.

·
Registered
451 Posts
07JeepXK: Good Point. How does QT-II do if one of the rears is off the ground or looses traction...
Ahmed: Still an excellent video of how smoothly the system works. Obviously you know how to use it to your advantage.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
07JeepXK said:
I can't watch the video at the moment since im at work but it looks like both of the rear wheels are still on the ground. If thats the case then of course the commander is going to keep on going and not get stuck.
The rear left wheel lost traction little bit few seconds after the front right one went off the ground when the vehicle pounced little bit)

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I really would like to see how the QT-II would perform when two wheels are off the ground!

I will try to find a spot where I can have two wheels off,,,, I will need two cameras as well to capture both sides!

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
I would like to know too since us QT II guys dont have limited slip diffs.

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
Check out the Ramp Testing thread. I dont' have a vid but I had front right and left rear off and it looked just like Ahmed's vid. There is a slight hesitation when the wheels come off and then it just keeps going. NICE VIDEO AHMED!!!

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
So whats the point of having QD II then?

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
The QD has a true limited slip which when you are rock crawling makes a difference. The QT works by putting brake pressure to the wheels that are off the ground or spinning. However if you are in a situation where you really need to push the throttle the engine overpowers the brakes and the QT system doesn't work as well. If you find yourself in a situation where you are on 2 wheels and you really hit the throttle the wheels off the ground will spin. Getting the QT to work takes a steady foot.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Id rather just throw a locker in the rear and disable the Traction Control with the toggle I made and not have to worry about any of that! Next step....by and install the dana 44 overland axle and locker!

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
adamag25 said:
Check out the Ramp Testing thread. I dont' have a vid but I had front right and left rear off and it looked just like Ahmed's vid. There is a slight hesitation when the wheels come off and then it just keeps going. NICE VIDEO AHMED!!!
Your XK is QD-II,, right? then your case is different and it must make it.

I guessed its QD-II by its sound in your mud video :) I hope I'm right :)

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
07JeepXK said:
Id rather just throw a locker in the rear and disable the Traction Control with the toggle I made and not have to worry about any of that! Next step....by and install the dana 44 overland axle and locker!
Thats what they have in the FJ, rear diff lock and Traction Control (as long as the diff lock is not active)

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Ahmed said:
Your XK is QD-II,, right? then your case is different and it must make it.

I guessed its QD-II by its sound in your mud video :) I hope I'm right :)
He has QT II.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
UberCommander said:
next time you test the TC, do a 4hi and 4lo run.
I should have done that, it would have made it with 4Hi as well but with more slippage.

What I really wished to do is to repeat the try with ABS fuse pulled out. I'm not sure if it will make it without Traction control and that very low speed !

1 - 19 of 19 Posts