Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the opportunity to trade in my 07 Sport with 125k miles for a loaded 10 Trail Rated Hemi with 175k miles.

Would you?

Concern is longetivity of the drivetrain...

·
Super Moderator
5,881 Posts
I have the opportunity to trade in my 07 Sport with 125k miles for a loaded 10 Trail Rated Hemi with 175k miles.

Would you?

Concern is longetivity of the drivetrain...
There are just so many variables to be considered and too many to list in fact.

The bottom line is, unless this is someone you know really well - and a vehicle that you are pretty familiar with, I would stay clear of it.

Unless of course for some reason, you feel like this 2010 Commander with a Hemi and 175,000 miles on it, is a major upgrade over yours - or you are just really unhappy with yours.

This guy put 175,000 miles on it in 6 yrs?

That's more than double what would be considered normal mileage. (12,000 a yr being average driving x 2 is 24,000 a yr x 6 yrs = 144,000 miles)

If I was in your shoes, and someone approached me with the same offer, I wouldn't think twice before saying no thanks.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
There are just so many variables to be considered and too many to list in fact.

The bottom line is, unless this is someone you know really well - and a vehicle that you are pretty familiar with, I would stay clear of it.

Unless of course for some reason, you feel like this 2010 Commander with a Hemi and 175,000 miles on it, is a major upgrade over yours - or you are just really unhappy with yours.

This guy put 175,000 miles on it in 6 yrs?

That's more than double what would be considered normal mileage. (12,000 a yr being average driving x 2 is 24,000 a yr x 6 yrs = 144,000 miles)

If I was in your shoes, and someone approached me with the same offer, I wouldn't think twice before saying no thanks.
I mean if its all highway mileage and well maintained I'd consider it.

That being said if that were the case why is the offer to trade in place.

·
Super Moderator
5,881 Posts
I doubt it is a question of NEED. But dont we all want the bigger engine?
When I had a 2008 Grand Cherokee with the 3.7L V-6....yes.

But I am perfectly happy with my 4.7L, it has plenty of power for me.

Although I'll admit, I did buy a new AFE stainless steel cat-back exhaust & a new AFE Pro5R Cold air intake system - but once that is installed, that's it for me.

I just want the engine to breath better and to get rid of that ugly stock oil can muffler.

Hopefully I'll pick up a couple of MPG's - and if I pick up another 15 or 20 HP, hey I won't complain.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts