Jeep Commander Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a chrome grill in perfect condidtion on an 07 commander, and have been desperately looking for a black one for the longest time. Willing to trade, or if any info on where to buy a black one would be super appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
I don't know if the grill comes in black unless its painted.

So I suggest you paint your chrome one with black.

·
Administrator
16,179 Posts
I don't know if the grill comes in black unless its painted.

So I suggest you paint your chrome one with black.
Yes, there are black grills on black Commanders.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Yes, there are black grills on black Commanders.
For sure there are ,,, but they are painted ,, not black like the black door moldings

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am definately not opposed to painting it, yet just afraid of color matching, and being the grill, its going to obviously be taking a lot of impact from the elements, so I dont want it to chip. There is commanders that came from the factory with black ones, but they are impossible to find which is frustrating. Thanks for the replys!!

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
yet just afraid of color matching
If you do it in a body shop, they will make the make the color exactly match the body color.

also a friend of mine here is Saudi Arabia has a black Commander with a black grill and he would like to get the chrome one, so he can trade it with you, the problem is in the shipping time (around two weeks), Will you be able to keep the car without grill for that time ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2006 Black Commander and it came with a black grille. You can see pix in the gallery section under "Colin". Where are you located and how difficult is it to switch out the grille?
Bill

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I havent personally taken off the grill ever, from what I have read, its easy, takes about 30min. I am located in Utah, how about yourself? And Ahmed, I appreciate the offer, but it being my only vehicle, idk if I can do two weeks w/o one. If he is willing to ship first, and then I can ship out the second I get his, let me know, if not, it is understandble. Thanks! Also does anyone know about how much it would cost to have a body shop color match my chrome grill to black?

·
Premium Member
2,248 Posts
It takes more like 30 seconds to remove the grill. You just carefully pry up the center sections of the plastic inserts and remove them and then lift out the grill.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.