Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, i parted with my former Commander. I really liked it but the money was right and the deals were good....and i got a lot out of my old one so i pulled the trigger on a 2010 Limited. its load OTHER than the DVD player system...which we did really need.

the trade off was that this was one of the few 2010 limited models with Quadra Drive II. that was my only stipulation...wasnt sure i would like black, but had to have QDII...and since it was not standard on 2010 models...i had to look around since most come with qt2......But no more 3.7L for me. it was a good model, i just was looking for bigger and better.

Link to a few more pics
http://picasaweb.google.com/ped4599/Commander10LimiteNEW?authkey=Gv1sRgCNze2bWfjq2kngE&feat=directlink

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congrats ped!
Looks great and you will get the hang of hanling a black finish in short order.

Rob
yah, i hope so.....i opted for the paint guard which is supposed to keep it looking like its always waxed.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
I like black. You've got a good Jeep there. Congrats.

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
Congratulations! I'm jealous.:)

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cogratulations! I'm jealous.:)
20% off the sticker, plus super low interest, giving me a fair price on my old one, and throwing in the lift kit install. i couldnt afford not too do it. I think the jeep dealers around here are trying to dump all the commanders to make room for this new 2011 grand cherokee that is supposed to be hitting the markets.
the biggest factor for me is this is the last year of the commander.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Congratulations, Now make your plans for Colorado!!!

I have the paint guard (paid extra for it) but they can not do it becuase with my rack it is too tall for the machine (if I take the rack off everytime it will fit).

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Congrats on the purchase! Those wheels on the 10' models look really good.
they are shiny but the size sucks. there are very few tires that will fit. Luckily thanks to Huey donating the17 inch rims that I won last year at WC camp, I will keep the rims and tires and get a set of MT or AT tires for the 17s and just use those during the winter and when offroading.

the only thing i have to figure out is how i want to work the spare tire into the situation.

49er had a good set up last year....i like how road in on road tires and swapped the MT tires at the camp.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Well by looking good I mean good for daily driving. I wouldn't care for them on the trails.

I still can't figure out why older Limited models got fake wood? Even my buddies 05 GC limited has real wood.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I thought only the Overlands had real wood? I had an 05 Limited and I was always under the impression it was fake wood.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Well if it's fake in the GC then it's a heck of a lot nicer looking then the clearly fake wood in the XK's.

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
Congratulations. Really nice ped.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Should I head out to performance to trade the commander? I've got a few paint chips in the hood and rockblasted windshield, also out of warranty.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Congratulations Justin! Nice looking commander! Now, you got the QDII, that's awesome...

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Should I head out to performance to trade the commander? I've got a few paint chips in the hood and rockblasted windshield, also out of warranty.

I would if you are serious and want one of the last ones ever made. they had a couple more limiteds left....one had QDII. they are going fast though since they are knocking so much off the top of the price....

if you get serious...let me know...i will give you the business card they gave me....they say they will give me 100 bucks if i send a customer their way....i would spit it with you and we would each get 50 bucks!

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Got my offroad tires today. I got 5 Maxxis Buckshot mudders in 265/70-17. I put them on the rims from Huey that i wont last year in Colorado.
Once i get the Lift and spacers on I will put them on and post a few pics.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts