Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
I also wish they would install the diesel in the Commander.... The Grand C I drove with the diesel felt almost as quick as the Hemi in my Commander...

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I also wish they would install the diesel in the Commander.... The Grand C I drove with the diesel felt almost as quick as the Hemi in my Commander...
I don't see why they don't, it's not like they would have to retool the factory. They already have it there.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I agree, + I think it would be a much better vehicle overall.. 22+ MPG, quiet, almost as much power, and probably go 300,000 miles with only regular maint.

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
I agree, but that probably would have stolen sales from the WK, and it would only be 45-state legal (damn CARB states). Plus it appears that the diesel's being phased out due to poor sales as all '09 WK diesel's are being badged as '08 models.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
sounds like a great deal considering the trade in value commanders have.

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
I agree, but that probably would have stolen sales from the WK, and it would only be 45-state legal (damn CARB states). Plus it appears that the diesel's being phased out due to poor sales as all '09 WK diesel's are being badged as '08 models.

Poor Sales? I think it's because Chrysler has not marketed the Diesel well, I have never seen a commercial for it here in Colorado? I guarantee when the Japs bring the 4Runner here with the Diesel our TV's will be pounded with "why this vehicle is so good" commercials.

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
by ybnormyl.....they dont put it in the commander as they are not going to produce any more. Dont want more costs.....phasing out slow sellers I think so they can sell off Jeep.....

·
Banned
1,397 Posts
Poor Sales? I think it's because Chrysler has not marketed the Diesel well, I have never seen a commercial for it here in Colorado? I guarantee when the Japs bring the 4Runner here with the Diesel our TV's will be pounded with "why this vehicle is so good" commercials.
I don't think Toyota has any plans to bring a diesel 4Runner to the U.S. They've had a diesel version for quite some time, but haven't done it yet, so it doesn't look like they will in the futute either. With an available V6 gasoline engine that makes plenty of power and returns decent fuel economy, I'm not so sure a diesel version would be a big seller here.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I actually heard that the Grand Cherokee is going to get a new platform and the Commander will now be pruduced until 2011. But we all know how that goes, they change their mind every other day...

·
Registered
21 Posts
I don't think Toyota has any plans to bring a diesel 4Runner to the U.S. They've had a diesel version for quite some time, but haven't done it yet, so it doesn't look like they will in the futute either. With an available V6 gasoline engine that makes plenty of power and returns decent fuel economy, I'm not so sure a diesel version would be a big seller here.
OK with power but still only 19 MPG or so.. Not much better than the same size american V8. Like the 4.7 in the Grand Cherokee, V8 Explorer, etc...

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Thats a good deal. Best of luck with your new ride!

The option of getting diesel would have been nice, but I would have passed it up. I think the market just isn't good enough here for them to offer it.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts