Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We had 5 Commanders from the Forum at the The Mounds today. The members that came out were Wmjacobsjr, CommanderChaos, TYMAC, CommanderDrako, and me GPintheMitten. Drako brought his wife and 3 daughters, Chaos and Tymac each brought their sons. We had a great time.

From the following slide show you might think we were stuck all the time but that is just when we got most of the pictures. Here's mine. Others will surely post more.

(Edit: Anyone with advice how to properly post a slideshow from Photobucket?)

http://w467.photobucket.com/pbwidget.swf?pbwurl=http://w467.photobucket.com/albums/rr31/GPintheMitten/The Mounds/d285c6e4.pbw

·
2,248 Posts
Good job posting the slideshow. Nice way to look at the pictures.

·
Premium Member
2,262 Posts
Great pics and a great time it seems! One question - I see that the Red XK has a winch, but it looks like you hooked up the tow strap to get it out of the mud. Was that just for expediency?

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Few Random pics from today. Thanks to trail leader and grill chef extraordinaire GP for heading up todays run. Being the chase truck limited me to very few photo ops so hopefully the others can add pics.

Pic of TYMAC, wmjacobsjr and GP at GP's house.

Fearless trail leader.

GP showing off his artistic abilities on wm's headlight

GP hung up trying to get to me.

·
Premium Member
897 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Those are some awsome pictures and video's. It's nice seeing guys on the forum actually off road their Commanders.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Great pics and a great time it seems! One question - I see that the Red XK has a winch, but it looks like you hooked up the tow strap to get it out of the mud. Was that just for expediency?
Yes, it was just faster to use the tow strap and go. It didn't take much. Later we put the winch to good use.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Looks like everyone had a blast, thanks for sharing.

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
I had a blast. The interesting part for me ws pulling out both of the ATVs.
It was great to get together and GP was very hospitable having us over after. I really enjoyed meeting everyone. Another cool thing was after the meet on the way to GP's house a guy in a black Commander saw the three of us at the store parking lot and he honked and waved.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I had a great time out there! It was my first time going off road and it certainly won't be my last. My daughter was upset that she missed it!

·
Registered
391 Posts
We had so much fun too! I missed the burgers from GP though...LOL
The Commander is really fun on and off road (esp off road). It makes a big difference too if you are wheeling with nice people! I am excited for the next off road trip.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for those video's Chaos and Josh. I've been waiting to see what you captured. Very cool.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Question for those of you with winching experience. I bought my winch used. It works great but it does make a lot of noise. I don't know if you could hear it in the video that Chaos posted. Is this normal? It is a Ramsey 6000 Rep.

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Great video Josh and Gabe! Thanks for posting.

Gp.. Sounds like the bearings are a little dry. Sure glad you had it! It saved my sorry butt.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts