Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. My 2007 Commander that I purchased recently has the Trail Rated badge on the front driver's side fender. I have noticed on Auto Trader that all of the Commanders with the badge have at least the QT II 4WD system. My Commander has the QT I system. I know this by reading another post about the 4WD systems.........mine doesn't have the chrome "T" lever. So my question is, did the previous owner put the Trail Rated badge on my Jeep Commander (when it possibly does not have the Trail Rated certification) or is it possible that my Commander could still be a Trail Rated Commander with the QT I 4WD system? If yes, how can I tell? Also it seems that my Trail Rated badge is a little higher on the fender than others. Please talk away. Thanks!!

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info jeep5253. It's greatly appreciated.

I wanted to make sure my Commander was trail rated and it's not. I'm going to call the dealership that I bought my Commander from and go off on them! I spend a lot of time driving through snow in WV, Vermont and PA, etc while snowboarding...........you think my QT I 4WD/AWD system will be fine in the snow??

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
It will be fine as long as you're not trying to imitate the commercials where you're plowing through six foot drifts in front of your garage. The QTII gives you low-range (two speed transfer case) so you have "crawling" or low speed/high torque ability, which gives it the "Trail Rated" rating. As long as you're on plowed roads and parking lots, you'll be fine.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have the 08" 3.7l with no option of four wheel drive it says on the back 4x4 but its all wheel drive i thought it was weak when we first got it but we took it to silver lake sand dunes and turned off the esc and that thing did everything i could ask of it but again it carries the name proudle jeep i cant wait to see what it does after a couple mods

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for your replies "allwayz thinkin" & "Fohn Jargo"! I figured any Jeep 4WD system has to be a damn good one.

·
1,993 Posts
The capabilities of the system don't matter bro. If you thought you were buying and they thought they were selling a trail rated jeep they ripped you off and you didn't get what you thought you were paying for. At the very least you have something to go back at them with like maybe a warrant or some free maintenance of a whole new jeep. Oh and yes the QT1 will rock the crap out of some snow mud sand and light rock crawling.

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the info my friend! The Director (Attorney) of Contracts at my work will be looking over my sales paperwork to determine if I have any grounds to threaten to take them to court if needed/if I want to. I will keep you all updated. Also Sal, I enjoyed reading your "doors off" posts & pictures!

·
Premium Member
362 Posts
You have a nice rig but I would go in to the dealer and ask for compensation of some sort (brake job, etc) if you like it. Otherwise if your intention was to get a trail rated jeep, I would take it back and see if they will take it. If it is a jeep dealer, they should have known better. Having said all of that, I can't say I have pulled my lever more than a few times over the year I have had ît.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
If you intended to buy a " Trail Rated " XK then I would say go back and have a talk with the dealer. If youre worried only about whether the QT1 is a capable system then I would say you have no worries. Is the QT1 the best out there, no. I have the QT1 and have been very impressed. I trail rated mine myself, ie : I put the emblems on it myself. That could be the case on yours also.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts