Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to find the wire that leads to the 7 pin connector for trailer brakes. In the Cherokee it was behind the plastic floor piece on the driver's side but not in this car. I'm told it's a blue wire marked trailer brakes.

Does anyone know where it is? Got to find it soon, the new trailer should be here soon :)

Thanks!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Bill Geerlings said:
I am trying to find the wire that leads to the 7 pin connector for trailer brakes. In the Cherokee it was behind the plastic floor piece on the driver's side but not in this car. I'm told it's a blue wire marked trailer brakes.
Should be by the fuse panel, under the drivers side instrument cluster. Check this article on where is is on the GC. I'm sure its in the same place on the Commander.

http://www.wkjeeps.com/wk_towing.htm#CONTROLLER

-John

·
Registered
9 Posts
Any luck finding the wire? I haven't had any, though only an hour or so looking. Do we know for sure what color the Commander wire is? I think it's green at the connector.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just found it. It's like the GC pictures but- It's about an inch from the firewall taped to the top of the main bundle, loose end facing the firewall. I had to reach as high as I could and feel for a wire outside the wrap. I still can't get it down with one hand and no vision. At least I found it. And it is green.

·
Registered
204 Posts
plstrns said:
I just found it. It's like the GC pictures but- It's about an inch from the firewall taped to the top of the main bundle, loose end facing the firewall. I had to reach as high as I could and feel for a wire outside the wrap. I still can't get it down with one hand and no vision. At least I found it. And it is green.
Is this the factory trailer package? Or the Mopar add on? IIRC the Mopar add on uses a blue wire, I have not looked at what comes factory, but I have installed several of the Mopar kits.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts