Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to buy a hitch and harness for my 07 Rocky Mountain Ed. All of the ones I'm finding EXCLUDE the Rocky Mountain Ed. Commander.

Why is this? Is it because the rear tow hook has to be perminantly removed? I haven't looked at the rear bumber bar yet (where it mounts)but I don't think it is any different...

Thanks!

Steve

·
Banned
389 Posts
I'm looking to buy a hitch and harness for my 07 Rocky Mountain Ed. All of the ones I'm finding EXCLUDE the Rocky Mountain Ed. Commander.

Why is this? Is it because the rear tow hook has to be perminantly removed? I haven't looked at the rear bumber bar yet (where it mounts)but I don't think it is any different...

Thanks!

Steve
My '08 Rocky Mt. Ed. came with the hitch and harness as standard on the package. ??? Yours didn't? Somebody remove it?

·
Registered
97 Posts
I left mine on, its been a while since I installed my hitch, mine was a curt aftermarket. I just ran the bolt thru the tow hook extention bracket and tighted it down. I think the curt's bolt go in the opposite side as the stock does. So I didnt have to remove the rear bumper. heres a pic of the stock, on the curt the bolts go in thru the opposite way, it also sits lower so i didnt have to cut the bumper.
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o...hitch/pic9.jpg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts