Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
had the commander in for 4 days for trans. service and serv. 4 wd system light coming on. they talked to chrysler and got a module, they said it was a computer problem and that it was wanting to go into 4wd. Wellll, got the car back yesterday, guess what? - same problem - serv. light came on and it still won't go into R sporatically. I think the next step, since it has been in 4 times for the same issue, is returning the vehicle as a lemon. Anyone been in this position and have any helpful hints. I love the car, and I still want to stay with it, maybe an 07 has the bugs out. ????:(

·
Registered
30 Posts
That does suck. When you get a new vehicle you really don't want it to have any problems. It seems that with the recurring issue you have met all the requirements to be able to return it as a lemon.

·
Registered
274 Posts
DC has a great product with the XK, but they obviously have a problem with quality control on the assembly line. I hope you get the tranny problem worked out.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Talk to your salesman or the sales manager. We had a bad Liberty CRD and as soon as we called the sales manager they bent over backwards for us. Lemon Law claims reflect poorly on their 5 star status because it shows they cant fix the vehicle. We got all our money back on the liberty and a SMOKIN!!! deal on our Commander. Sticker was 44k we were out the door at 36 and they gave us 0% financing. Good Luck:)

·
Registered
274 Posts
That's another example of all models have their lemons. I have a 03 Liberty (not a crd), love it, no problems. Yes, there's a lower ball joint recall, but I look at it like getting new ball joints at 20,000 miles,,,,,cool. We got real lucky and have problem free models, we are one of the lucky crowd. I hope they take care of you all!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update - got the car back Thurs and haven't had any problems. The serv. tech stopped listening to Chrysler and exchanged a motor(computer)from one on the lot with mine and guess what?? the new car started having the same problems and so far mine hasn't had any more. Hopefully it's fixed for good.:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts