Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just noticed something weird with my jeep. The other day I flipped the key forward just to listen to the radio and I noticed that on the dash for a split second it said transmission temperature high or something like that. Then it went away so I did it a couple more times just to see if it would do it and it did. It had that message every time. Is this just a message like when you start up the truck or could I have a problem with my jeep? The transmission doesn't show any sign of going bad except that there is this like whoo sound that comes from the trans. Also after using the truck for a while if I shift from drive to reverse and vice versa there is this "bump" I took it to the dealer to have it checked out and they told me they put it on the flight recorder and that everything was fine but I'm not too sure. Any input would be appreciated.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Just noticed mine doing the same thing earlier today, in addition to the external temp being "stuck" at 88*. Wondering if the trans temp message has anything to do with it being so hot out all week- I read that message and thought "yeah, I'm over temp too." Going out now to disconnect the battery for a minute, so we'll see...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol youre right about that it has been hot but at least it has cooled down some now over here in chicago. So what happened after you disconnected the battery cable?

·
Registered
809 Posts
Cleaned off the external thermometer with rubbing alcohol and disconnected the battery for a few minutes. Trans temp message blip still does it's thing, but the external temp seems to be working again. I'm a little hypersensitive to both issues now, and honestly couldn't tell you if they're opperating any differently than in the years before. Probably a good thing school is starting up again soon to make me focus on more important things!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts