Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
I've installed this kit into my XH Diesel Commander and the components are very different to the standard Merc/Jeep part I removed. It works well with no hassle but to be honest I can't really feel the difference. It's smooth but that's about it. The reason I installed it was to smooth up shifts and to help prevent any flaring which happened prior to a transmission rebuild. Also hopefully to place more pressure on clutches so there's less wear and chance of a flaring ever occurring.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I put one in a diesel Liberty I used to own. It had the 545rfe. Put one in the Mrs. Commander but haven't got it back on the road yet so I have no input for a gas motor. In the Liberty it quickened the shifts between gears without making them harsh. It would kick down easier and sooner but not too aggressive. I also noticed that it would hold 4th and 5th a few hundred more rpm before shifting.

Kane

·
Super Moderator
5,710 Posts
You can adjust your transmission shift points using a tuner/programmer.

The Superchips (3874) F5 Flashpaq Tuner gives you this capability.

Since I've been on this forum, I have never seen or heard of anybody installing a Transgo shift kit in a Commander with a gas engine.

Other than adjusting the shift points - which you can do with a tuner/programmer, I don't see what the benefits would be of installing a shift-kit in a Commander.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts