Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 Commander Limited with a Hemi and QTII and 4wd. I had a vehicle scan performed to track down several lights that are on (BAS, Traction control, ABS). My suspect from the codes the came back is the TCM needs to be replaced. when looking at my TCM I see that there is only one plug of wires plugged in. There is another spot right next to it that could also except a plug of wires. I have a plug of wires on only the inside spot. the outside spot is free.

Does anyone have (2) plugs plugged into there TCM?
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Marc

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
I have an 06 sport 4.7 with QT2 and only 2 plugged in. If you are missing any plugs the jeep will not run. I have forgotten to plug one in once and the jeep started and shut off right away.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have an 06 sport 4.7 with QT2 and only 2 plugged in. If you are missing any plugs the jeep will not run. I have forgotten to plug one in once and the jeep started and shut off right away.
Mine runs fine but has all sorts of lights on the dash. My jeep was in a (minor) fire prior to purchase and the chassis wiring harness was replaced with a new one. The TCM shows signs of heat as it is slightly melted. Im guessing the codes that are being thrown are from a faulty TCM. When I looked at the TCM I was suprised to see only (1) cluster of wires plugged in and an empty plug spot next to it.

I am hoping it is a computer problem and not an incorrect wiring harness problem.

Marc

·
Registered
4 Posts
where is the tcm located on the 2006 jeep commander having p0700 code. i replaced shifter module and transfer case switch, still having the same code

·
Administrator
6,472 Posts
where is the tcm located on the 2006 jeep commander having p0700 code. i replaced shifter module and transfer case switch, still having the same code
@gboy andy;

Welcome to the forum please read the New Member Required Reading below and complete your user profile as directed in order to comply with the forum rules;

If you expect anybody here to help you, you need to provide the most basic information - like what engine is in your Commander; Then we can figure out which transmission you have - since you didn't tell us that either.

Jeep Commanders did come with 2 different types of transmissions - based on which engine you have; Either the W5A580 NAG I or the 5-Spd 545RFE Transmission.

Since you didn't provide any information at all about YOUR Commander (other than the model year) and you didn't complete your user profile, it's impossible to try and help you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
it has the 5.7 hemi. will start and runs about 20 seconds,then shuts off.with the esp/bas and traction lights coming on with the message service 4 wheel drive system

·
Administrator
6,472 Posts
it has the 5.7 hemi. will start and runs about 20 seconds,then shuts off.with the esp/bas and traction lights coming on with the message service 4 wheel drive system
So, you have the 5-Spd 545RFE Transmission.

Have you ever had the transmission serviced - which would involve having the transmission fluid & filters changed?

At 149,000 miles, you're long overdue, if it hasn't been serviced yet.

Also, have you checked to see if all of your factory recalls & campaigns have been completed?

If you haven't, you can do so below; Just plug-in your VIN;

Official Mopar Site | Service, Parts, Accessories & More

·
Registered
4 Posts
filters and fluid were change about 1 year ago. i had this same issue.after replacing the shifter control module every thing was ok untill now.. yes all recall has been done

·
Administrator
6,472 Posts
filters and fluid were change about 1 year ago. i had this same issue.after replacing the shifter control module every thing was ok untill now.. yes all recall has been done

Jeep Commander Transmission Problems & Cost | 545RFE | W5A580

·
Registered
4 Posts
i check for loose groung but did not find any. so i'm biting the bullet.made an appointment with the dealer. thanks for the help

1 - 13 of 13 Posts