Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok I have found in numerous places that part# 5013457AA is Mopar's part# for their ATF. Looking at my service sheet for when they did my transmission service it has part# 68026608AA as the part# for the fluid they used. Forgive me, but can anyone splain this? Did they use the fully synthetic stuff in mine?
Much obliged.
FFor instance, click the link and look at the part number for the product shown---
http://www.leeparts.com/car_care/vehicle_care/fluids/atf_4_quarts.html

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
This is what I got when I searched the part number that they used in your XK:

FLUID ATF + 4 Quantity:

Chrysler
$5.42
List Price:$5.42
Your Price:$4.34

It looks like they used the right stuff!

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is what I got when I searched the part number that they used in your XK:

FLUID ATF + 4 Quantity:

Chrysler
$5.42
List Price:$5.42
Your Price:$4.34

It looks like they used the right stuff!
I wonder why they use two part #'s for the same product?? Are they both fully synthetic?

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
I wonder why they use two part #'s for the same product?? Are they both fully synthetic?
I posted this in the other thread but will post it here also to help other members.

I just spoke with the dealer in reference to the part # they used for your vehicle and it turns out that's the bulk part number. Basically your dealer gets their ATF fluid from a barrel. My dealer doesnt have the barrel's and just sells it by the individual bottle. So in the end its the exact same fluid.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I posted this in the other thread but will post it here also to help other members.

I just spoke with the dealer in reference to the part # they used for your vehicle and it turns out that's the bulk part number. Basically your dealer gets their ATF fluid from a barrel. My dealer doesnt have the barrel's and just sells it by the individual bottle. So in the end its the exact same fluid.
Aaaaah:eek:rangehat:

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
I was at the dealer a couple minutes ago and found this sitting on the self. Mopar ATF +4 is fully synthetic! I took a pic of the bottle with my cell phone. Also the T-Case fluid is Fully Synthetic too!

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was at the dealer a couple minutes ago and found this sitting on the self. Mopar ATF +4 is fully synthetic! I took a pic of the bottle with my cell phone. Also the T-Case fluid is Fully Synthetic too!

Cool. I just did my transfer case with the Mopar stuff. You know, I didn't notice on the bottle where it said fully synthetic though, and I have since thrown them away. I wonder how the Mopar trans fluid stacks up against, say, Valvoline's fully synth. ATF-4. I remember the gear oil sucked in comnparison to Mobil 1 in that study I posted.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Could I use the Valvoline fully synth instead of the Mopar stuff it's also ATF +4?
I'm getting close to doing my 30000 service and had this question.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Could I use the Valvoline fully synth instead of the Mopar stuff it's also ATF +4?
I'm getting close to doing my 30000 service and had this question.
I dont see why not. They are both fully synthetic ATF +4 fluids.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts