Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else had a problem with the transmission not enganging right away at start up. When it has been sitting for some time and I go to put it in drive it seems slow to take off. It's a smooth motion when it does, no clunking or jerking into gear.
I had the dealer look at it awhile back and they said they did some kind of update but it seems to be getting worse as it's get colder out.

:confused: I also had a weird thing happen this morning. On the IP a round red light started flashing and the display said something like programming activated. I turned the car on and off and it keep doing it and then it just stopped after a couple of minutes.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
I've asked the question here, and had my jeep to the dealer 6 times for this. Happens to me all the time, not only when it's cold. only resolution for me is to slow down putting it in gear. Now I start the jeep, then put my seatbelt on, then put in gear. That process makes the tranny not slip.

·
Registered
717 Posts
walkjon said:
:confused: I also had a weird thing happen this morning. On the IP a round red light started flashing and the display said something like programming activated. I turned the car on and off and it keep doing it and then it just stopped after a couple of minutes.
I had that happen to me once...they determined that the security/sentry key got confused if I stuck my key in the ignition too soon after I used my remote start

·
Registered
104 Posts
My wife has been complaining about this for the past few months. I took it into the dealer and they told me there was a delay due to the computer coming up to speed. Well, thanks for the TSB's, I will check my trans codes while I'm changing my diff fluids this weekend. I hate dealers...

·
Registered
193 Posts
This thread has been idle for a while now...Has anyone had any more encounters or resolutions for this hesitation that I am also experiencing?

·
Registered
76 Posts
You guys have to remember that the colder the temp, the thicker the trans. fluid will become. Be patient, wait a min or two after starting up the vehicle.....otherwise the the slow engagement will the the least of your worries.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts