Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just noticed a pool of fluid on my garage floor and thought maybe it was from the AC running. Nope. Turns out it is transmission fluid. The jeep goes in tomorrow for an oil change so I will have them trace that down as well.

It only has 3000 miles on it and it is already leaking fluid!

One question. If the jeep has been in extreme angles side to side or front to back, is there a transmission relief drain or some other way for fluid to "spill" out of the tranny?

Bob

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Got the jeep back from the dealer and apparently the seal around the dipstick was bad so they said they replaced it. Said it should be good to go.

I go home and noticed that there is a small amount of oil on the ground now. Since they changed the oil I figured it was due to spillage on the skid plate. While I am looking at the oil spot a drop of red fluid hits the ground right next to it. Transmission is still leaking. I cleaned the underside with a power washer to get rid of any excess spillage and to ensure that the drip was not from the gasket replacement process. Let it dry, and even got under it with a rag to clean any residue that might have been left. Get in and start it. Drive it a mile and come back and park in the garage. Wait a minute or two and look to see if it is still leaking. And it is.

So it goes back to the dealer tomorrow, for the second time, with the same leak to see if they can get it fixed.

At what point do I become upset and rant and rave about their inability to fix a leak on a $42K car?

Does this fit the lemon law statue?

Thanks for your help,

Bob

·
Registered
200 Posts
In most states, the inability to fix the same problem that renders the vehicle unable to be driven, unsafe to drive, or would make the vehicle unable to be driven or unsafe to drive if not repaired qualifies it as a lemon. Typically, such things as windows, seats other than the driver's, non-essential electronics, etc. are not covered. Check your State's law.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts