Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am bringing in the Commander tomorrow morning for service.

I noticed transmission fluid on the ground. I crawled under and it looks
like it is coming from the area of the pan.

It could be the transfer case too. I'm not sure.

You've seen my latest video. Have I over done it with QT1? I would be a little dissapointed if could not keep going up those steep inclines. :(

·
Registered
216 Posts
I had the same thing. I forgot what it was, but it was something like a plastic connector broke and was leaking. Nothing major. Fixed under warranty.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool. I'm also having them look at that pesky passenger side auto up window.

I'm driving the wifes Magnum today. I haven't driven it much since I got the Jeep.

I had to remember how to turn on the headlights and windshield wipers!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Glad I Could Fix The Leak,was Plug Adapter On Transmission. Another Happy Jeep Customer. Your Friendly Service Advisor. Flatlander

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome to the forum Flatlander!

I was going to sing praises about your service department here too.

That, folks, is why I will continue to bring my Commander to the Hendren Autoplex in Jane Missouri.

·
Registered
31 Posts
FOHN i have the same problems. I did not drive my Jeep for 4 days, because i had a flat, so when i went to move it i saw a stain on the floor. It was transmission fluid. I also notice drips coming from the pan. I want to take it in to the dealer where i had some work done when a drunk driver hit me. But here is a question, I have 24 inch rims. Will the dealer make a big deal about the rims and blame the transmission problems on the rims. I live in los angeles, I drive slow, not a speedracer anymore, cant afford anymore speeding tickets and insurance is finally down. So im scared to take it and have it rejected and have to pay for it out of pocket. Should i leave the rims or put the stock back on. One other thing im also on air suspension.
The other thing im going to take it in for is the dam passenger window.
Any input would HELP
thanks

·
Registered
94 Posts
mine was doing as well. took it in and they said the tranny housing was cracked. it is there today for a tranny housing replacement. its got 22,000 on it and i bought the 75K warranty. i guess that wont screw up a new tranny install ????

·
Registered
74 Posts
My Commander only has 42,000 on it and I just had a trans leak fixed this past week, it was the pan gasket and while fixing it, they noticed an electrical "O Ring" connector was bad so they fixed that too. $172.00 for transmission service :( , but at least I got a free oil change out of it. :D

·
Registered
32 Posts
My electrical plug on the tranny went bad last night, went out to find the red puddle under the Jeep. In at 9:30 this morning, out by 3:00 ready to go.

Funny thing happened though... The service manager calls and says when they went to move the Commander out of the service check in area, that two kittens came flying out of the wheel well. :eek: They ain't mine but it did get cold here last night and they probably snuggled up in there to stay warm. The service manager does not have any use for cats and had to explain to his boss what they were doing running around in the service department. :D

When I went to pick up the Family Truckster we asked how his new pets were doing, everyone laughed.

·
Premium Member
12,579 Posts
Thanks for the idea, My neighbors cat has been driving my dogs nuts. Guess I will take it to the shop on my next visit.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I brought my '06 Commander in for it's 12k service and the day after I notice some oil on the garage floor. I figured it to be some residual left over from the oil change. Well it continued to leak. I wiped it up and it was red....red flag - tranny fluid. I brought it back to the dealer and it ended up that they had to replace the tranny gasket etc. SO basically I got a free tranny fluid/filter service.
It was warranty work..whew!...Quite the coincidence that SOON AFTER the oil change this happend...
After reading all the other posts on this topic I wonder if this is gonna be a recall soon!
Wheels

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I suppose it could end up being a recall.

If someone who was, let's say, ignorant of automotive mechanicals, failed to notice fluids on the floor, and their tranny seized up at the worst possible time.....well, that would be very bad.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I ended up having more Tran's trouble. After having that other work done, I noticed more trans fluid on the floor and took it in today. The torque converter is leaking at the seal and while they found that, they also found the oil pan is starting to leak. Now, it's in the shop until late Friday sometime. :(

·
Registered
707 Posts
My transmission was leaking too. However, it was a very slow leak. It was leaking a drop or two a week. I took it to the dealership and they said it is a cuphold bracket. What is a cuphold bracket? It was leaking near where the drive shaft meets the transmission.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts