Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 06 Commander with the 5.7 Hemi. I am noticing that that occasionally, though happening a little more often, when I start the vehicle and put it in gear it sometimes requires a higher RPM before it begins moving. In talking with a local 4wd shop, he indicated this might be a sign of a failing transmission.

Has anybody else experienced this? Has anybody had transmission failure, how many miles?

Thanks,

·
Registered
172 Posts
545rfe is a very sturdy transmission. As long as you dont beat on it and change the fluid regularly, it should last a long time. Check the fluid in the transfer case and the transmission.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Im familiar with what you are saying, I think.. Sometime's in order to get her moving it takes a lil throttle but there is no slipping, grinding or hesitation. Is it slipping or not going into gear easily? Take in consideration your lift, tires and added weight from bumpers and armor

·
Registered
471 Posts
Mine does it. I think I read in another thread it could be a cracked transfer case filter.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have an 06 Commander with the 5.7 Hemi. I am noticing that that occasionally, though happening a little more often, when I start the vehicle and put it in gear it sometimes requires a higher RPM before it begins moving. In talking with a local 4wd shop, he indicated this might be a sign of a failing transmission.

Has anybody else experienced this? Has anybody had transmission failure, how many miles?

Thanks,
When was the last tranny service?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts