Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, so when im driving the transmission temp warning comes on, and it makes a funny sound. But what is weird is I shut it off, and turn it back on and it goes away for some time. Never the same times. And I just do it over again. Seems super weird. I couldn't find anything like it. So maybe some people have seen this? It runs great shifts fine when the lights on and such. So im kinda confused. Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks family

·
Registered
424 Posts
check your fluid?

·
Registered
103 Posts
I narrowed the problem down to the ecu back in '15 when I was experiencing the same issue. Replaced the old unit with a rebuilt one for ~ 200$ from a company down in Miami and haven't seen that warning since.

·
Registered
212 Posts
This is a very common issue, im experiencing also. With a bit of searching, you should find no less than 7 threads addressing this.
Ive not tried to replace my ecu, but i have seen code for trans temp sensor "A" which the dealer said was internal, and would not be cheap to replace. Cleaning the connectors to the ecu/pcm are also on the cheap trial list if you havent tried yet.

I just added a B&M temp sensor to be sure whats really going on, but havent properly grounded it yet.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I initially took my jeep to the dealership for a diagnosis. Was told a load of bs that added up to thousands of dollars for the fix. What they didn't know is i can track my trans temp via my bullydog, so a lot of what they were telling me was crap. My temps were just fine... after researching the issue further, i figured I'd try the same fix that many others tried. After swapping out my old ecu with a refurbished one for 200$, all's been good.

Hope this helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts