Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We picked up an '06 Commander last week. I've owned 15 vehicles over the years, but this is my first Chrylser product. I was really surprised to find that there's no trip odometer in it...it's a base 4x4 with the 3.7L V6 and option package 26U...has a couple other things, but no trip odometer - or is it that I just don't know where to look? It also doesn't have daytime running lights (DRLs). I thought they are obligatory (Federal law):confused: Overall, I'm happy with the vehicle and, more importantly, so is my wife. It'll be her daily driver. I drive a Pontiac Bonneville and a GMC 2500HD pickup, but we'll probably use the Jeep on weekends.
CR

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Is there a step button below the radio in the row of buttons on the dash?, It Trip odameter and outher messages show up in the message center on speedometer. I have a limited, so no sure if they are the same. You can go between C/T Compass/ Temp. Hoe this helps and enjoy your new ride.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Daytime running lights are NOT mandated in the United States. You find them on many other models (mostly GM) that are built in Canada where I believe it is mandated.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I have the V6 (4x4) and you do have a trip odometer. Use the step button in the dash panel. Enjoy your new Commander...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, Dabitz. I found it..in fact, there are two. It also shows avg mpg (13 for me right now, with ~275 miles), miles to empty, and something else that escapes me.

·
Registered
258 Posts
It shows avg mileage, trip a and b, miles till empty, miles till service due then blank. It also shows temp and menu also.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Creek said:
Also shows tire pressure if you have that option,
I don't have the tire pressure option, but I did have to add air to all 4 tires. Dealer had 32 PSI in them, door sticker says 35. I usually run 2 psi over door sticker on my vehicles, but I'll go with 35 for now and see how it drives. It's shady, but not unusual, for dealers to deflate a bit....gives a softer ride for those pre-sale test drives.
CR

1 - 8 of 8 Posts