1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
Great pictures. I think the design of the outhouse may have had something to do with the property being vacated.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Some great pictures, how far away is it from Phoenix?

·
Registered
233 Posts
what a great place .. nice pictures

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its 12 miles north of the back side of Lake Pleasant. We could do a short trip out there, like I said there was alot I didn't get to see. Thank god for gps or I would have been lost going in and coming out.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
I would be up for another trip. Still trying to figure out what my new work schedule will be.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Oops!

Good news, you were CLOSE to Fort Tule, and you got some great shots of the old Anderson cabin, bad news.. it wasn't Fort Tule. Fort Tule was pretty much leveled in the late 60's early 70's by offroading partiers. If you stay on the top of the ridge, instead of turning east to head towards the Anderson cabin, you will come to a barb wire fence in about a mile/mile n a half. Climb to the top of the bluff on the east side of the road, directly above the gate, and you will eventually find a boulder on top of it, with 1-2 holes drilled into it. This is where the heliograph station was for Fort Tule.. the old fort was actually at the base of the hill, on the north side of that bluff. Have a great expedition! :stickpoke:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts