Discussion Starter #2
And some more pictures......

Saguaro Cactus.

Line-up.

Forum members with their babies.....

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
It was a great trip with five Commanders, hope to see even more on our next trip.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Who's XK is the last vehicle in the first picture and what lift/tires does it have. It looks huge compared to the other commanders.

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
Who's XK is the last vehicle in the first picture and what lift/tires does it have. It looks huge compared to the other commanders.
X2 and I really like the wheels!

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts

·
2,248 Posts
That Commander belongs to Bruijr. Lee and I were very impressed by him and his wife and little girl. His cute little girl was full of energy and you can tell that she is the center of their life.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
That Commander belongs to Bruijr. Lee and I were very impressed by him and his wife and little girl. His cute little girl was full of energy and you can tell that she is the center of their life.
His signature says he has 265/70's but those tires look a lot larger in the pics.

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
I thought it might be his but it is VERY different from his avatar picture. Great trip pictures!

·
2,248 Posts
I think that the tires might look larger because his Jeep is closer than the rest in the picture.

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think that the tires might look larger because his Jeep is closer than the rest in the picture.
It is indeed my XK. I think Huey is right. It's probably because my Jeep is closer in the picture than the other XK's. As a reference, I have the 265/70 which are 31.7" in diameter. The white XK in front of me on the picture is from Head6119 and he is running the same tires only in 245/75 and they are 31.5" in diamter. These are the sizes I got from the Goodyear site.

I like how they are paint matched. At least they appear to be.
They are not paint matched although it really looks like it in the picture. The wheels actually have a Telfon coating on them (which is very easy to clean by the way). I first wanted to go for black wheels and initially though that they would be darker. I have to say I really like the way this combination turned out.

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for those kind words. Like you say, she's full of energy, unfortunately the trip wasn't exhausting enough for her. At 5:00 AM this morning she was up and running again..... lol.

Here she is having lunch during our visit to Tip Top.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
4 of the 5 Commanders present for this event:

What's left of the old Ranch House:

Someone here had bad gas I guess:

A look down the mine shaft of the Tip Top Mine:

HueyPilot & a49erFan on the trail:

The Old Hotel & Store:

Some Arizona landscape:

A view from what was some kind of old fortress:

·
Administrator
15,249 Posts
Interesting pics 49er.

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
Nice pics all. I would like to make a trip west sooner or later. Should would be nice if it was this coming year.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts