1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
You just answered a question for me. Saw one of these on a 1950's car at the car show here in town a couple of weeks ago and wondered what it was.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The optics aren't as good as the original glass ones but basically it allows you to look up by looking through it. Works great I have one in my commander.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Is it just a concave/convex (whichever it is) lens that sticks to your windshield or something?

·
Registered
480 Posts
Pic please.

·
Registered
398 Posts
humph..who woulda thunk it..

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
There is another product that is basically a prism that sticks to your windshield that some use to see the lights. I know they're big in the corvette world, and several people with LX's have them as well. I can't remember the name, I'll keep looking.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Does anyone have trouble viewing the stop lights?

This may sound silly...
Does anyone have trouble viewing the stop lights? If so, do you have any advice or ideas to offer? I've owned the Commander for about 5 months now,yet I find my self bending to view the stop lights.

Ohh...
Sometimes my (stock) radio seems to play two radio stations simultaneously, but the other station seems to sound faint. What can I do?

·
Administrator
16,179 Posts

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
I had to adjust and stop back further. Sometimes it is easier to see it through the sun roof.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Right there with you. I feel like an idiot bending about a foot forward to even see the light! It's worse whenever you are the first in line

·
Registered
184 Posts
I just checked out that website! Thank you Jeep5253!! This MAYBE THE BEST INVENTION EVER!!! Yippy!:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
I face the same difficulty too... I also found it annoying when you drive in a road with high buildings (towers) at the sides of the road and try to watch the buildings... faced it when I was in Dubai driving through Shaikh Zaid road and trying to look at the high buildings at the same time !!

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
When I was a young teenager, my uncle carried his jon boat on top of his car. We stopped at a light and he couldnt see it. He says," tel me when it turns green". My cousin , sitting in the front seat, decides to have a little fun. He says," its green, go ahead". Of course its as red as can be. My uncle takes off and blows right thru the intersection. People are schreeching their tires, yelling and cussing, blowing their horns ! My uncle is yelling back at them thinking that they ran the light. What fun that was - not !!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Like GPintheMitten said, stop further back, problem solved.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts