Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys i have a company here in Edmonton (canada) who agreed to take on the challenge of custom building Commander specific headers (will be using my 4.7L) but i told them that i may have a sort of "cult Following" who may be interested...if i can get them made for a price which is competative to that of JBA, BBK etc. how many of you would pull the trigger?

·
Registered
319 Posts
Right here.

·
Registered
321 Posts
me! when i get the money of course. will be a month or 2!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm in too. Is there any estimate on the price? :eek:hyeah:

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
So far the info i gave him was that:

- it had to equal OEM bolt up (so we can utalize any off the shelf cat back exhaust),
- marketable at roughly retail cost of other manufacuters (may vary as he hand fabs them)
- he also offers fabrication in stainless, titanium, and raw steel with options for ceramic coating available)

Im hoping he will get back to me on monday and then i can take the snowmander in and get the ball rolling.

I will keep you all informed

He is super busy due to our summer around the corner he has a ton of drag cars and cruisers to do

SMALL UPDATE APRIL 2

Neil got back to me this morning and he will do the headers, now we are in talks about pricing and the availability to you guys

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well unfortunately i dont believe its going to happen now :mad:

he was all for it and told me to bring the XK down to get started...as soon as i showed up and he popped the hood he got cold feet and said he thought it was more than he could chew..

he said he was expecting a TJ!!!!:headbang:

any way he then turned me away and said he had to think about it

·
Registered
319 Posts
nope unless you've got a 6.1...best bet would be to buy a set of 06-07' dakota headers and take them to an exhaust shop and have them modded as needed, I did research and found they have the same exact heads as our 4.7's. I would imagine the passenger side would fit perfectly with no issues. The D.S. however my have clearance issues with the steering shaft, more than likely only 1 primary tube would have to be cut and re-welded. When looking at the gibson headers, they made one of the primaries swoop over the steering shaft for the dakotas, they work straight outta the box...when I become rich I want to order a set.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts